DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF CLASSROOM INTERACTION INSTRUMENT FOR PREPRIMARY AND PRIMARY LEVEL OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA
- THE ORIEL COMMON ROOM GENERAL EDUCATION & FACULTY CULTURE. Holyer, Robert // Liberal Education;Winter2002, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the influence of interaction with faculty on student learning in the U.S. Forms distinguished by Alexander Astin in 1993, to assess the effect of the general education curriculum; Excerpt from John Henry Newman's work 'The Idea of a University' on the influence of a faculty upon one...
- RESEARCH REPORTS. Bailey, Gerald Douglass // Educational Leadership;Dec74, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p225
Cites findings of a study of classroom interaction patterns from student teaching to independent classroom teaching in the U.S. Sub-categories for interaction analysis system; Description of verbal and nonverbal behavior for Nebraska skill analysis system; Differences exist between student...
- Toward a Diagnostic Intervention Model for Fostering Harmonious Interactions Between Deaf-Blind Children and Their Educators. Janssen, Marleen J.; Riksen-Walraven, J. Marianne; Van Dijk, Jan P. M. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p197
Abstract: This article presents a diagnostic intervention model as a guide for designing and conducting interventions to foster harmonious interactions between deaf-blind children and their educators in various settings and explicates its theoretical and empirical foundations.
- Contact: Effects of an Intervention Program to Foster Harmonious Interactions Between Deaf-Blind Children and Their Educators. Janssen, Marleen J.; Riksen-Walraven, J. Marianne; Van Dijk, Jan P. M. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p215
Abstract: This study examined the effects of an intervention program to improve the quality of daily interaction between six congenitally deaf-blind children and their 14 educators (teachers, caregivers, and mothers). With video analysis as the most important tool, the interaction coaches...
- Applying the Principles of Teaching and Learning. Jones, David W. W.; Ricketts, Kristina C.; UlMer, Jonathan D.; Williams, Kevin B. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2008, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p53
The article discusses the most essential components involved in the principles of teaching and learning. Appropriate application of the principle can result to a successful learning experience. It is also important to acknowledge that successful teaching relies on the teacher and learner working...
- Is the O.K. Classroom O.K.? Sadker, David; Sadker, Myra // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan85, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p358
Discusses classroom environment and classroom interaction problems in the United States. Results of a study of classroom interaction conducted for the National Institute of Education; Investigation of how teachers called on students and how they responded to student comments; Sex differences in...
- Ready for Kindergarten? Abrams, Pam // Scholastic Parent & Child;Apr/May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the controversial issue of kindergarten readiness in the journal 'Scholastic Parent & Child' as of April 2003. Aim of the No Child Left Behind Act for the children; Views of the kindergarten teachers regarding the students who enter their classrooms; Information on various topics that...
- GSISD Students Meet the Teacher. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/25/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 34, p4A
Several photographs related to Grand Saline Independent School District (GSISD)'s Meet the Teacher event are presented such as a kindergarten student watching curiously how his grandmother fills out his paperwork, and fourth grade teacher Jamie Woodrum hugging Logan French.
- MENTORING IS A NOBLE CALL. Faflak, Marcela // South Dakota Musician;Winter2005, p7
Discusses the role of mentors on the development of students. Background on a mentor's job; Formation of a professional relationship between student and teacher; Possibilities of effective mentoring.