- City Pensions Not the Burden Media Suggests. Kelly, Sara // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p105
The article focuses on the bankruptcy of Detroit, Michigan which is not due to the pensions. It says that based on the Center for State and Local Government Excellence's issue brief entitled Gauging the Burden of Public Pensions on Cities, 7.9% revenue of the city is consumed for the pension of...
- Connecticut OK's $3.64B. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p1
The article reports on the approval of the $3.64 billion of bonds by the Connecticut State Bond Commission in which it includes the $2 billion for the state's Teacher's Retirement Fund. Treasurer Denise L. Nappier's office revealed that the state plans to issue the $2 billion of taxable pension...
- Vermont Targets Late January for $42 Million Borrowing. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p32
Reports on the delayed annual general obligation bond sale of the state government in Vermont. Escalation of the state revenue; Estimation of the biannual tax revenue; Survival of the state from economic downturn.
- Georgia Sells $600M Of Garvees. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33063, p1
The article reports that Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority is initiating a two-day pricing of $600 million of federal highway grant anticipation and reimbursement revenue vehicle bonds. The deal includes $480 million of grant anticipation revenue bonds and $120 million of reimbursement...
- LOUISIANA: Bond Team to be Selected. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/20/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33785, p9
The article presents information on the selection of underwriters and bond counsel by the Louisiana State Bond Commission for the sale of revenue bonds worth of 334 million U.S. dollars backed by the state highway improvement fund.
- North Carolina Moves Toward First-Ever Garvee Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32176, p40
Reports that North Carolina's Senate is expected to take up a bill that will allow the state to sell its first Garvees or grant anticipation revenue vehicles. Aid of the bill to let debt be sold anytime prior to the approval of the bill; Use of Garvees by several other states to allow the issuer...
- CaISTRS won't issue new alternatives RFP. // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p49
Reports that the $65 billion California State Teachers' Retirement System has decided against issuing another RFP for an alternative investment consultant despite disappointment with turning up only four candidates for the first RFP.
- Teachers at the trough: A bid for sweeter pensions. Crain, Rance; Snyder, David; Scoby, Gloria; Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;05/11/98, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p10
Editorial. Discusses Senate Bill 3 on teacher pension funds, in Chicago, Illinois. Reference to the teachers' retirement system; Information on the bill; Examination of the expenses of the bill.
- Ontario teachers fund bests its index. // Pensions & Investments;5/1/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the financial performance of the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in 1994. 1993 figures; Rate of return; Level of underfunding.