New Mexico Lawmakers Want Budget, Now
- Cash-Strapped Nassau County, N.Y., Approves a $2.2 Billion 2002 Budget. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the approval of Legislature to the proposed operating budget for Nassau County, New York for 2002. Disclosure on the amount of the proposed budget; Viability of the spending plan to overcome the 2001 crisis; Reason behind the opposition of the Republicans to the spending plan.
- The bills are due for Kyle. ROLLINS, BRAD // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/20/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 15, p1A
The article focuses on the proposal for Kyle, Texas introduced by City Manager Lanny Lambert on July 19, 2011 which would increase the city's property tax by 7.7% and water rate by 30% and serves as the starting point for the budgetmaking process in Kyle.
- Plethora of tax provisions in Clinton's budget proposal. // Practical Accountant;Mar98, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on a number of tax provisions in United States President Bill Clinton's 1999 budget. Advantages of these provisions.
- Kyle council approves new budget, tax rate decrease. Kimmons, Sean // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/8/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p1A
The article reports on the approval of the Kyle City Council in Texas on a renewed budget for the fiscal year 2010-2011, which reduces the tax rate up to 41.54 cents per property evaluation of 100 dollars.
- Tax, budget hearings draw no audience. Kilbey-Smith, Nannette // Wilson County News;9/24/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p6A
The article focuses on public hearings by La Vernia City Council regarding tax rates and revised budget for La Vernia Municipal Development District that dealt with salary raise for the executive director, service agreement for copying and printing, and roadway and drainage impact fee study.
- District of Columbia Mayor Fenty Proposes $5.7 Billion 2009 Budget. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p31
The article focuses on the $5.66 billion budget for 2009 proposed by District of Columbia Mayor Adrian M. Fenty. The budget consists the $721.4 million of new bond proposals, $449.2 million of which would be the general obligation debt. It has been considered as fiscally conservative indicating...
- Debate on for 80-20 Program extension. Halsey, Heather // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/11/2010, Issue 324190, p1
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. Senate bill on the remaining funds allocated to 80-20 Program in Fresno County, California which is figured to have an extension with the scheduled end date.
- Term limits: A cure for budget futility. // Crain's New York Business;06/14/99, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p8
Reports that the New York State Legislature failed to meet the legal deadline for passing a budget. Ceiling for appropriations for government programs; Background on the political system and leadership of the state; Manner of resolving issues; Proposed solution for the budget issue; Need for...
- LEGISLATURE GETS PROPOSAL TO ADD NONCARBONATED BEVERAGE CONTAINERS TO BOTTLE BILL. // BioCycle;Jul2003, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the introduction of a budget amendment by Senator Andrea Nuciforo of Massachusetts expanding the state's container deposit law to include noncarbonated beverage containers. Imposition of a five cent deposit for every container sold in the state; Expectation for the plan to generate...