New Rules for N.Y. Schools
- Albuquerque School District Makes Early Request for State Aid. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p33
Reports on the search by the Albuquerque Municipal School District No. 12 for state aid for a $100 million high school to open in 2010 that will require the voters to approve a $73 million bond package in 2009. District's making of its case for advanced funding for the proposed school in western...
- School District prepares next bond issue. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;6/14/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the plan of Clark County School District to renew a school construction bond program in Nevada. Expiration of the bond; Plan of the school district for a ballot test; Strategy to create a seamless transition between bond programs.
- QSCBs Go Competitive in Midwest: Milwaukee School Deal Lies Ahead. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33199, p1
The article reports on the issuances of qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs) in several Midwestern school districts in Wisconsin. It states that market participants, including independent financial advisers, focus on the complexity of marketing a tax-credit bond. It notes that Sun Prairie...
- Park City to invest $3.1 million in schools. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/25/95, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p7
Reports that Park City School District is accepting bids from general constructors to build a new middle school, district offices and the expansion of the district's sole high school. Closing date for bids; Funding; Location of new school.
- School-Funding Secret? Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p1
Reports that a federal partnership program in the U.S., designed to increase the rate of school construction, has been unable to generate interest among the nation's school districts. Possibility of the program gaining popularity in areas with fast growing student population; Level of awareness...
- Innovative PFI schools project shortlists four. // Contract Journal;9/25/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6396, p3
Reports on the shortlist of bidders made by Enfield and the Newham Council for its schools construction project. Companies included in the shortlist; Motive for making a shortlist; Benefits of the joint project to small councils; Cost of the project.
- California Panel Moves To Clear Path to QSCBs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33254, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Senate Bill (SB) 205 by the California Senate Appropriations Committee. The bill is designed to clear up legal concerns that prevent the issuance of qualified school construction bonds (QSCB) worth 770 million dollars. School districts are allowed to...
- Ohio Facilities Commission Sets Deal; Treasurer's Office May Follow Suit. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p11
Discloses Ohio Public Facilities Commission and Office of the Ohio Treasurer's plans to sell a combined $275 million of bonds for school construction by the end of 1998. Sale of lease rental bonds; Uncertainty of the size and timing of the deals.
- Owl Dilemma Delays School Construction Near Tucson. Jennings, Mark // Education Week;04/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p16
Deals with the role of the pygmy owl in the delay of the construction of a high school in Pima County, Arizona. Actions taken by environmentalist groups to prevent the construction of the school in Pima; Impact of the urban sprawl in Tucson, Arizona on the population of the pygmy owl; Features...