Nook Fires Back With New Tablet, Price Cuts
- Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Ships, Offering Challenge to iPad 2, Nook. // Channel Insider;11/14/2011, p4
The article reports that Amazon.com Inc. has launched its tablet computer "Kindle Fire" on November 14, 2011. It states that the decision of its early launch has been taken to compete with other tablet computers including Barnes and Noble Inc.'s "Nook," and Apple Inc.'s "iPad." It further states...
- e-Reader Options Multiply. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/8/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p6
The article offers information on electronic book readers (e-reader), tablet computers and e-reader applications for tablet computers and smartphones launched in New York market as of November 8, 2010. These include the Color Nook, the first color-screen e-reader from Barnes & Noble, the Edge...
- SIZE MATTERS. Bertolucci, Jeff // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p38
The article evaluates tablet computers with large screens, including Kindle Fire HD 8.98 from electronic commerce firm Amazon, Nook HD+ from book retailer Barnes & Noble and Apple iPad from consumer electronics firm Apple Inc.
- Of Razors, Razor Blades, and Dickens. Siglin, Tim // EventDV;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, Special section p68
The article previews the NOOK tablet computer from Barnes & Noble and the Kindle Fore tablet computer from Amazon.
- 4 Tablets Worth Talking About. // Editor & Publisher;Jan2012, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p25
The article evaluates the computer tablets, the Apple iPad 2, the Sony Tablet S, the Amazon Kindle Fire, and Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet.
- The Tablet Market. YANG, NU // Editor & Publisher;Jan2012, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p34
The article provides information on the tablets and recognizes their potential. Discussed are the performances, product offerings and features of the competing operating systems Apple and Android and the competing tablet models Amazon Kindle Fire and Barnes & Noble Nook. Also presented is the...
- Kindle Fire vs. Nook Tablet: Which One Should You Buy? Perenson, Melissa J. // PCWorld;Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p44
The article presents a comparison of two e-book readers namely the Kindle Fire from Amazon and the Nook Tablet from Barnes & Noble.
- Battle of the books. Miller, Samantha // People;07/28/97, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p41
Provides information on Amazon.com, an on-line bookstore and one of the World Wide Web's top merchants. Showdown with Barnes & Noble; Comments from Jeff Bezos of Amazon and Susan Boster of Barnes & Noble.
- Making sales click for Barnes & Noble. Kamen, Robin // Crain's New York Business;05/19/97, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p6
Looks at how the battle between Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com for the Internet book trade has sparked a smaller battle among some software companies in the United States. Reach Networks' defeat of Microsoft and America Online for the contract to build the transaction network for the Barnes...