Free and Pirated E-Book Picture Getting Murkier
- Report Finds Growing Acceptance of Digital Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 7, p6
The article presents the findings of a report by Fairfield Research Inc. regarding the growing acceptance of digital books. Based on a consumer survey, it found that 17% of book buyers stated that they would purchase a copy of book in some digital format. This projects that the number of...
- Where Books Come From. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p12
The article presents survey finding by Simba International Inc. which highlighted a decline of consumers in the U.S. buying on both sued and new books online due to reports that online consumers are the ones who are the quickest to consume electronic books.
- E-Books Go Mainstream. Romano, Richard // Printing Industries of America: The Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p96
The article discusses the condition of electronic books (ebooks) that represents a small sliver of the overall book market despite its fast acceleration in the U.S. It outlines the inherent problems of ebooks that have continued stumbling blocks toward greater market penetration, including the...
- Free E-Book-Authoring Site Launched. // Information Today;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p36
Reports that OverDrive, Inc. introduced ebookexpress.com, a Web site offering free e-book authoring online in Microsoft Reader format. Details of Microsoft Reader software application; How the authoring application is supported by OverDrive servers; OverDrive's e-book-authoring products.
- Library offers eMedia classes. // South County Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, pB2
The article offers information about free classes on the downloading of electronic books to be held at area branches of the St. Louis County Library in Missouri in January 2012.
- From pages to gigabytes. // Administrative Professional Today;Oct2009, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p5
The article provides information on several online information resources including the audible.com, Sony Reader or electronic-book reader, and the eBooks.com. In audible.com, a user can download audio books straight from audible. Sony Reader can handle e-books in Portable Document Format and...
- The Next Great Read? Warner, Chris // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2008, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p11
The author reflects on the release of Kindle, Amazon's handheld electronic book (e-book) reader. He pointed out that it enables the users to purchase an e-book and download it in less than a minute while relaxing or riding on a bus. He noticed that this is a way to display graphics in a diagram...
- Urdu e-Books. Shakoori, Muhammad Ashraf // Pakistan Library & Information Science Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p41
The article lists two sources of electronic books (e-books), http://www.iqbalcyberlibrary.net/ and http://222.gutenberg.org/. Aside from being able to download e-books from the sites, users can read the books there as well. One of the two sites is on Urdu Books, especially on Iqbaliyat, while...
- BPR Exclusive: Is Lull In E-Reading Seasonal? // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the decrease in the number of active e-book buyers based on a proprietary nationally representative quarterly survey of 2,000 adults in the U.S. Noted is that the number of e-book users who have not purchased in the past 12 months has reached 39 percent. Rolling up the...