Borders Aftermath Watch: Kobo Bought For $315 Million
- Kobo Parent Acquires OverDrive. Enis, Matt; Peet, Lisa; Schwartz, Meredith // Library Journal;4/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the acquisition of library electronic book (e-book) distributor OverDrive by Japanese electronic commerce (e-commerce) and Internet company Rakuten. Topics include Rakuten's other businesses such as the electronic reading (e-reading) device and service Kobo, how OverDrive...
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p37
Reports on mergers and acquisitions among the publishing companies in the United States. Fanjet Group's purchase of the New York City-based Printing and Design Services' `Skyjack' magazine; Affinity Group's acquisition of Ehlert Publishing Group.
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p26
No abstract available.
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p25
Presents information on acquisitions and mergers in the United States publishing industry. McGraw-Hill Companies' agreement to sell its Information Technology and Communications Group; Information on magazine titles which Bill Communications Inc. has acquired from Young/Conway.
- The Amistad Press Is Acquired By HarperCollins In Major Publishing Transaction. // Jet;11/29/99, Vol. 96 Issue 26, p10
Informs of the acquisition of Amistad Press by the HarperCollins publishing firm.
- Stephen Greene, Pelham to have dual imprints. // Publishers Weekly;2/24/89, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p124
Report on the double imprint planned by Stephen Greene Press and Pelham Books, both part of the Penguin Group.
- Pearson raises Elsevier stake. Lottman, H.R. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/89, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p35
Report on the U.K. conglomerate Pearson and its increased holdings of the Netherland based Elsevier Company.
- Buyout shops get into trade magazine publishing. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/97, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p16
Cites merger opportunities in the trade publishing industry for private equity shops. Wasserstein Perella & Co.'s acquisition of National law Publishing Co. and American Lawyer Group; VS&A Communications' take over of T/SF Communications Corp.; Factors that may deter or influence buyout firms...
- Movers & shakers. // Newsweek;4/1/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p54
Movers & shakers in publishing & broadcast takeovers include: Mortimer Zuckerman, S.I. Newhouse Jr., Ted Turner, John Kluge, Allen Neuharth, Rupert Murdoch.