Report Excerpt: Book, Audiobook Buyers Think About Cell Phones Differently
- AAP} MONTHLY STATSHOT, JUNE. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 41, p8
A chart is presented listing the monthly sales of various publishing categories in the U.S. in June 2015 including adult hard, audio download, and religious presses.
- Audio Look: The Physical Product/Digital Product Divide. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that the Association of American Publishers splits the audio book figures between physical books and digital downloads in the U.S., and notes that audiobooks' sales rose by 38.4% and physical products' sales declined by 35.6% in July 2010.
- AUDIO BESTSELLERS AUGUST 31- SEPTEMBER 27, 2015. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 41, p20
A chart is presented listing the bestselling audiobooks in the U.S. from August 31 to September 27, 2015, including "Go Set a Watchman," by Harper Lee, "Make Me," by Lee Child, and "Plunder and Deceit," by Mark R. Levin.
- Oâ€™Reilly Takes #1. Swanson, Clare // Publishers Weekly;10/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 41, p20
The article reports on audiobooks included in the U.S. bestseller list as of September 2015, including "Killing Reagan," by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, "Go Set a Watchman," by Harper Lee, and "The Martian," by Andy Weir.
- Picture Books Still in Play on Audio. MAUGHAN, SHANNON // Publishers Weekly;10/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 41, p29
The article focuses on several picture books being released in the U.S. market as audio books. These include the self-published children's title "The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep," which made its debut under the Listening Library imprint of Penguin Random House Audio and the book audio...
- In the Studio. MAUGHAN, SHANNON // Publishers Weekly;10/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 41, p28
The section offers updates on audiobook production and publishing in the U.S. as of October 2015. Topics covered include the narrators in some of Kurt Vonnegut's works such as "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Breakfast of Champions," publishing schedule for several audiobooks and the cast in the...
- ECONOMIES IN TRANSITION: RECENT PERFORMANCE. Koveos, Peter // Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce;Summer2003, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p287
Reports on the performance of economies in transition, emphasizing the European and Commonwealth of Independent States transition experience. Discussion of some issues of importance to the transition process; Summary of some key approaches to transition; Assessment of the transition experience.
- Growth and Convergence in European Transition Economies. Sohinger, Jasminka // Eastern European Economics;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p73
Foreign direct investment (FDI), with its growth-enhancing capacity, has played a significant role in setting the transition economies onto the path of convergence with their more affluent neighbors, which is enhanced by their recent membership in one of the richest clubs in the world, the...
- The Importance of Small and Medium Enterprises. Dallago, Bruno // UN Chronicle;Dec2003-Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p18
Discusses the importance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to the central economies of Central and Eastern Europe. Unrealized expectations about competitive SMEs; SMEs role of job creation and innovations in the economic system; Obstacles to SME activity, including credit and policy issues.