Bet on Religion A Small Leap of Faith
- Stunned Reaction To HarperCollins's Acquisition of Thomas Nelson. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 45, p7
The article focuses on the decision of HarperCollins Publishers LLC to acquire Christian publisher Thomas Nelson Inc. It states that HarperCollins' acquisition received stunned reaction from the publishing industry as it already owns Thomas' competitor, Christian media and publishing company...
- HarperCollins won't exhibit at BookExpo in '97. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/30/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 52, p10
Reports that HarperCollins has withdrawn from the exhibition floor of the 1997 BookExpo America (BEA) in Chicago. Other high-profile publishers that have decided not to exhibit, such as Random House and Simon & Schuster; Citing that 900 companies still plan to attend.
- HARPERCOLLINS RAISES CO-OP TO 5%. // Quill & Quire;Aug97, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p17
Reports on Harpercollins Publishers Inc.'s increase of its cooperative (co-op) funding for independent bookstores. Terms of the coop funding program; Guaranteed advance approval for coop in two business days.
- Pearson completes HC purchase. // Publishers Weekly;4/8/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 15, p17
Informs of the completion of Pearson's acquisition of the HarperCollins education division which has been announced in February 1996. Cost; The benefit of the HC education division to Addison Wesley Longman (AWL).
- Trade Publisher Profitability Falls in Fiscal 2000, Shows Signs of Life in 2003. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the financial performance of the book trade publisher in the U.S. as of November 2003. Decline in Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.'s operating profit and revenues; Strength of HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s book sales; Reader's Digest Inc.'s double-digit growth in operating profit.
- Here Comes Zondernelson. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that HarperCollins Publishers LLC, which has bought Thomas Nelson Inc. is planning keep the Zondervan and Thomas Nelson brands and editorial separate from its newly created Christian publishing division.
- Avon called. // Publishers Weekly;11/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p19
Reports that American Wholesale Booksellers Association has named Avon Books as its Publisher of the Year.
- 'Snicket' Boosts HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the sales of books from HarperCollins in the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Sales of the book "The Grim Grotto"; Sales of books for adults; Total sales at HarperCollins worldwide during the period.
- Succeeding on a Dare. Danford, Natalie // Publishers Weekly;1/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the success of the book 'Dare to Repair: A Do-It-Herself Guide to Fixing (Almost) Anything in the Home,' published by HarperCollins as of January 13, 2003. Number of copies shipped from September 2002 to January 2003; Factor which contributed to the success of the book; Description...