BPR Exclusive: Is Lull In E-Reading Seasonal?
- The Forgotten Ebook Market. Shaw, Webb // Information Today;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the boom in the electronic book (e-Book) market after the release of eBook products like the Amazon Kindle, the Sony Reader and the Apple iPad. With the launch of these devices, the author says that the eBook market has been put into spotlight together with its major...
- Where Books Come From. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p12
The article presents survey finding by Simba International Inc. which highlighted a decline of consumers in the U.S. buying on both sued and new books online due to reports that online consumers are the ones who are the quickest to consume electronic books.
- Free and Pirated E-Book Picture Getting Murkier. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the proprietary survey by Simba Information Inc. particularly on the consumers' relationships with free e-books in the U.S. Noted is that the use of free e-books is a great promotional or motivational method of securing data pertaining to issues over downloading. Base on...
- Focus on Ebooks! Kaser, Dick // Computers in Libraries;Jan2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the growth of electronic books (ebooks) title, along with the highlights of the Frankfurt Book Fair. It states that the adoption of XML-based electronic publication (EPUB) standard driven the demand of more publishers to release more ebook titles. It says that the...
- OVID ebook platform grows with CABI Agreement. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;10/1/2009, Vol. 134 Issue 16, p20
The article reports on a 2009 decision from OVID technologies to expand its publishing agreement with CABI Developers. The decision will mean that OVID will be able to offer its global customer base more than 420 electronic books on a variety of subjects including agriculture, food science and...
- What Every Indie Author Needs to Know About E-Books. // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 7, p52
The article presents information and advice on the electronic book (e-book) publishing industry for independent (indie) authors as of March 2014. Topics include choosing an e-book retailer and distributor to use for publication, paying a professional reader to review and edit a manuscript, and...
- RECENT INTERNET BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY. // Internet Resources Newsletter;Jun2008, Issue 162, p8
A list of Internet books is presented, including "Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0," by John Allsopp, "The Future of the Internet, and How to Stop It," by Jonathan Zittrain and "Information Literacy Meets Library 2.0," edited by Peter Godwin and Jo Parker.
- Lonely Planet launches electronic travel guides. Lahey, Anita // Quill & Quire;Mar2000, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the launching of CitySync, a line of electronic travel guides designed for Palm Pilots, by Lonely Planet in Canada. Availability in a four-city CD-ROM package; Key features; Pros and cons.
- Other ebook publishing options. Rees, Glenn // Australian PC User;Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p96
The article offers information on several electronic books including Smash words located on www.smashwords.com, Fast Pencil located on www.fastpencil.com and Click2Sell located on www.click2sell.eu.