Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System
- Exchange Rates: Recent Developments. // Panama Country Monitor;Aug2010, p7
The article reports on the developments of Panama's exchange rates in 2010 due to economic stability provided by its monetary system.
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Hungary Country Monitor;Nov2011, p20
The article focuses on the monetary system of Hungary and states that its routine on exchange-rate regime was changed in February 2008, in which the Hungarian forint dealt against the euro within a 15% fluctuation band which resulted to 282 forint per euro.
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Kenya Country Monitor;Nov2011, p16
The article offers information related to Kenya including the country's currency called shilling, monetary system which follows a conservative monetary policy, floating-exchange-rate system which is said to be market driven.
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Colombia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article reports on the monetary system in Colombia which involves its abandonment of the crawling peg exchange rate regime in late 1999.
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Philippines Country Monitor;Jan2012, p21
The article offers information about the economic structure and monetary system of the Philippines, wherein the exchange rates of the peso are verified on the basis of supply and demand in the foreign-exchange market.
- Implicit exchange regimes in Central and Eastern Europe: a first exploration. Ledesma-Rodríguez, Francisco; Pérez-Rodríguez, Jorge; Sosvilla-Rivero, Simón // International Economics & Economic Policy;Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p179
This paper attempts to identify implicit exchange rate regimes for currencies of the Central and Eastern European Countries vis-Ã -vis the euro. To that end, we apply a sequential procedure that considers the dynamics of exchange rates to data covering the period from 1977:01 to 2006:02. Our...
- WHO IS THE EXCHANGE RATE MANIPULATOR: CHINA OR AMERICA? Wei Liu; Libing Deng // World Review of Political Economy;Fall2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p344
The manipulation of the US dollar and other countries' currencies has been a longstanding American prerogative, thus American politicians and scholars are accustomed to labeling countries that fight against American policies on the US dollar as "currency manipulators." The substance of America's...
- Interest Rate Linkages within the European Monetary System: A Time Series Analysis. Karfakis, Costas J.; Moschos, Demetris M. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Aug90, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p388
The article focuses on the creation of a system for monetary stability in Europe. The article also discusses the contribution of the European Monetary System (EMS) to the reduction of the exchange rate volatility and the importance of capital controls for the increased volatility of interest...
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Zimbabwe Country Monitor;Nov2011, p18
The article discusses the economic structure of Zimbabwe in terms of its monetary system. It states that Zimbabwe has faced severe shortages in foreign exchange that contributed to difficulties in repayments. It says that exchange-rate policies differ between Tradable Foreign Currency Balance...