Main Street: reality vs. hype
- Street scape. Hunter, Tara // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p40
Describes a tour of a street in Indianapolis, Indiana. Retention of small-town charm its residents have worked hard to preserve; Description of local retailers; Hidden treasures; History lessons.
- Introducing Melrose Heights. Young, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/6/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 87, p18
Reports on the renaming of the stretch of Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California, as Melrose Heights by the Melrose Heights Merchants Association. Image building effort for the retail area between Fairfax and La Cienega; Relocation of retailers to the area in 2000.
- Name change riles fashion district. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/27/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 82, p12
Reports on the opposition of retailers against plans to change the name of Ninth Street in Los Angeles, California. Areas affected by the name change; Costs of the name change to local businesses.
- Slow renovation angers Gateshead retailers. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p4
Discloses the dissatisfaction expressed by retailers in Gateshead, England, over the pace of renovation of the town's High Street.
- Quality retailers draw shoppers to `Main Street'. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/24/95, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the impact of Street Retail Inc.'s purchase of a property in Greenwich, Connecticut. Retailers bidding to fill the space; Comments from real estate experts; Street Retail Inc.'s strategy to find quality retail sites in affluent shopping districts; Street Realty as a subsidiary of...
- WHAT'S IT WORTH, MORE OR LESS? Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Jun92, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p7
Describes the shopping district of Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, Florida. Determination if the U.S. recession of the early 1990s has affected the area; Average annual sales; Description of typical shoppers in the area; Lack of promotional, off-price activity; Value of real property.
- The UK high street: Current issues and their implications. Allport, Dominic // Journal of Retail & Leisure Property;Dec2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p2
This paper assesses how and to what extent ten key issues currently affecting the UK high street constitute a threat or risk to its ongoing viability as a trading location. The implications of these factors for retail businesses are also drawn out and discussed.
- The 5 Most Expensive Retail Streets in the United States. // National Real Estate Investor;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p56
The article offers information on the five most expensive retail streets in the U.S. including Fifth Avenue of New York City, the tony Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles, California, and Union Square in San Francisco.
- Streets of Cash. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 79, p12
This article offers information on the most expensive retail streets by rent per square foot in North America, as of October 2005. Retailers along Newbury Street include designer clothiers such as Anna Sui and Betsey Johnson, while sidewalk cafes and art galleries offer visitors plenty of...