You'd better $hop around
- Mall owners still in pound seats. Muller, Joan // Finweek;2/15/2007, p47
The article discusses on the business thrives of shopping malls in South Africa. Mall owners reported remarkable sales in 2006 despite increases in interest rates, where malls including Gateway Theatre of Shopping and Menlyn Park Shopping Centre all recorded sales growth. South Africa's informal...
- Brazil consumer spending strong. // Market: Latin America;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p4
Reports on consumer spending in Brazil. Percentage increase in retail sales in 2005, according to shopping mall retailers; Effect of interest rate hikes on consumer demand; Reason behind the increase in vehicle sales in 2004.
- The National Retail Outlook -- Set For Growth in 2012. Brown, Garrick H. // Development (08886067);Fall2011, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
The article discusses the further growth expected for the retail sector in the U.S. in 2012. It says that the market was able to record occupancy growth although the overall vacancy rate for all types of shopping centers remained at 9.4 percent. According to the author, the retail sector is set...
- Mall Sales Productivity Records Best Performance Ever in 2012. // U.S. Mall Performance;Feb2013, p1
The article reports on the business performance of the shopping mall sector in the U.S. as of December 2012. It states that sales productivity at non-anchor stores has increased by 6.9% year-on-year which is the largest annual productivity growth rate since 1996. Sales in November and December...
- Top 50 shopping malls. // Business News New Jersey;11/01/99, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p32
Lists the top largest shopping malls in New Jersey according to gross leasable area as of November 1, 1999. Includes Westfield Shoppingtown; Freehold Raceway Mall; Woodbridge Center; Willowbrook Mall.
- Innovation now showing at the mall. Lisanti, Tony // DSN Retailing Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p11
Editorial. Discussion retailing innovations at CityPlace in California and Fashion Show in Nevada. Value; Downtown development; Destination; Entertainment; Services; Design.
- Malls upgrade, redevelop as grocers eye market void. Daugherty // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p49
No abstract available.
- Factory Stores at Park City to get another 93,000 square feet. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/29/99, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the retail space expansion at the Factory Stores shopping mall in Park City, Utah. Floor area of retail space to be added to the shopping center; Locations of other mall outlets across the United States.
- 'Sprawl mall' is a bad deal for any community. "Rocky" Anderson, Ross C. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/28/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p21
Discusses why Salt Lake City, Utah turned down the proposal for the construction of the Grand Salt Lake Mall. Sprawl development associated with the building of the mall; Threat of the development to West Valley City's retail trade; Negative impact of the mall on the environment.