Avoiding storefront uniformity
- Inner City Victory. Koch, David // Retail Traffic;Oct2004, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p22
Features the commercial center Victory in Dallas, Texas. Amount of funds allotted for the restoration of the building; Number of retail stores in the area; Description on the architectural design of the building.
- Out-of-centre store agreed after rival project judged unworkable. // Planning (14672073);10/15/2010, Issue 1890, p15
The article reports that an inspector has rejected the claims by a rival supermarket operator that it can construct a town center food store.
- And the Winner Isâ€¦. // Chain Store Age;Jan2005, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the recognition received by the Manhattan flagship store of Esprit in New York City from the annual Retail Store of the Year design competition of "Chain Store Age," magazine in 2004. Designer of the store; Space dedicated for soft lines category in the store; Design of the store...
- WMC 'tops out' Building C; on track for July '08 opening. // Furniture/Today;9/24/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p73
The article highlights the ceremony which celebrate the completion of steel framing of the third building of World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The building is set for completion on 2008 and is expected to open on July 28, 2008. The executive of the building disclosed that the area will...
- Brand New World. Pedersen, Martin C.; Herndon, Lara Kristin // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Nov2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p50
The article offers an introduction to a series of articles concerning retail store designs.
- Walk in Progress. Warner, Fara // Fast Company;May2002, Issue 58, p42
This article describes the retail store of Spanish shoemaker Camper at Union Square in San Francisco, California. The store has an electrical outlet masquerading as a space alien. It is not the artwork you would expect to see in an upscale store, but for Camper, it is a way to connect with...
- $50 million Isabela Shopping Village underway. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;4/26/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that Isabela Shopping Village, a new retail center, is in progress in Puerto Rico. Commercial developer and entrepreneur JosÃ© Feliciano in moving ahead with the development of Isabela Shopping Village. Feliciano will invest $50 million to $60 million to complete the...
- OHIO: Cleveland Gets a Complex. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/28/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33050, p9
The article reports on the plan of establishing a new complex at Cuyahoga County in Cleveland, Ohio. According to the article, Cuyahoga County commissioners announced that the complex will be erected at the old underground convention center in downtown wherein it will house a new center and...
- New stores fill centers at Midvale Park/I-19. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;4/12/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 41, Commercial Real Estate p11B
Reports on the construction of a shopping center in Midvale Park in Tucson, Arizona. Growth in the retail trade in the area; Stores to be constructed in the area; Significance of the development to the area.