A fresh take on fast dining
- luck, be a ladle. Kaufman, David // Interior Design;Mar2005, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p214
Details the interior design of the Bradley Ogden restaurant at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. Reason of contractor Engstrom Design Group for installing wooden furnishings; Materials used to create a soundproofing space from the casino; Motif of the wall coverings.
- Inside out. Mastrelli, Tara; Laignel, Eric // Hospitality Design;Apr2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p168
The article discusses the design of the restaurant, Verandah in Las Vegas, Nevada. The restaurant provided Jennifer Johanson of San Rafael, California-based Engstrom Design Group all the inspiration that she needed. By highlighting a warm palette of gold and amber with pale chartreuse, and using...
- The First Annual Hospitality Design Awards. // Hospitality Design;Jul2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p61
This article presents a list of recipients of the first annual Hospitality Design Awards sponsored by the periodical "Hospitality Design." The categories for the awards were: resort design, spas, bathroom design, dining restaurant, luxury hotels, etc. Some of the firms which received the awards...
- turning up the heat. Brown, David M. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p63
The article profiles the resorts located in the cities of Phoenix, and Scottsdale, Arizona. The $50 million renovation of the Camelback Inn, a J.W. Marriott Resort and Spa, is a 453-room resort set on the Sonoran Desert in Paradise Valley. The HKS Hill Glazier Studio and EDG Interior...
- Junior achievement. Long, Rachel // Hospitality Design;Jul2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p28
This article reports that many architecture and interior design firms nationwide utilize student internships as recruiting tools, scouting, and attracting talent in a competitive job market. The summer internship is a rite of passage that is evolving. They also promote internships as educational...
- Solutions hotel reception. // Hospitality Design;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p66
Lately, plenty of experimentation has been seen with the look and feel of chic hotel reception areas. In this article Greenwich, Connecticut, restaurateur and extreme hotel user Jody Pennette intimates what's wrong with many check-in experiences. Also founding president of San Rafael,...
- Wingnuts takes flight on wings of creative design. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p130
Features the design of the Wingnuts restaurant in Costa Mesa, California. Design of the prototype around an airplane motif; Industrial atmosphere of the restaurant; Centerpiece of the chicken-wing restaurant; Installation of strategically placed televisions.
- DESIGNING A LOCAL LOOK. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;May2003, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p59
Describes the design of several restaurants in the U.S. Lazy Dog Cafe in Huntington Beach, California; Pagliacci Pizza, in Bellevue, Washington; Mr. Cecil's California Ribs in Sherman Oaks, California.
- RADAR INTERIOR. Lahoud, Adrian // Architecture Australia;May/Jun2002, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the conjunction of movement and art in architectural design of Bambu Restaurant in Australia. Geometry of installation; Surface configuration of contours; Spaces for sculpture and paintings.