- Minding the Store (Book). Williams, Alvin // Southern Quarterly;Spring/Summer1999, Vol. 37 Issue 3/4, p296
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Minding the Store,' by Stanley Marcus.
- Marcus: Trend deja vu. // Inc.;Aug98, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p21
Focuses on Stanley Marcus, former chairman of Neiman Marcus retail stores, who discusses the heightened emphasis that retailers in the United States are placing on entertainment. Mention of some of the unorthodox methods that Marcus has used in the retailing business.
- Korshak's Strategy: Evolve and Grow. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/17/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 82, p12
Focuses on the strategy of Crawford Brock, owner of luxury retailer Stanley Korshak, which contributed to the evolution and growth of the company. Advice given by the late Stanley Marcus, former owner of Stanley Korshak, to Brock; Reliance of the strategy on continued strength according to...
- Jake J. Nathan Sold for Less. Block, W. T. // Texas Jewish Historical Society Newsletter;Aug2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the life and works of Jake J. Nathan, the owner of Nathan Department Store in Beaumont, Texas. Born in 1874, he grew up with Stanley Marcus of Neiman-Marcus fame. Occupying two-thirds of a one-story building, Nathan opened his first store, which he called "a hole in the...
- Quest for the Best (Book Review). Pradt, Mary A. // Library Journal;10/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p2094
Reviews the book 'Quest for the Best,' by Stanley Marcus.
- STANLEY MARCUS: A LUXURY LEGEND. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/11/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 121, WWD VISIONARIES p11
Profiles the late Stanley Marcus, the man behind luxury retailer Neiman Marcus. Penchant for the dramatic; Brief history of the retailer; Marketing strategies; Approach to business.
- A Business Practice's Evolution. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/7/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 120, p17
Provides information on the history of chargebacks and markdown money in the clothing retail sector in the U.S. Introduction of the concept of markdown money by Stanley Marcus and Vincent Draddy; Development of chargebacks by David Farrell, chairman and chief executive officer of May Co.
- The Stanley Factor. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/1/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 47, p36
This article offers information on Stanley Marcus, son of Herbert Marcus who was one of the founders of fashion retailer Neiman Marcus. During the 1930s, employees called him Mr. Stanley as a way to distinguish him from other family members managing Neiman Marcus. Even after his retirement,...
- PERSPECTIVES. // Chain Store Age;Mar2002, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p43
Provides an update on the U.S. retail industry as of March 2002. Retail stores included in the 100 best companies ranked by 'Fortune' journal; Tribute given to Stanley Marcus of Neiman Marcus and William Dillard Sr. of Dillard's Inc.; Effect of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the...