Specialty apparel retail survivors
- H&M Keeps it Humming. D'Innocenzio, Anne; Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;05/03/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 86, p9
Reports on the performance of the flagship New York City store of Swedish retailer Hennes & Mauritz. Retailer's sale of women's and men's clothing, large sizes, accessories and cosmetics; Store traffic; Challenges in the United States market; Competitors.
- The Swedish are coming. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/22/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 120, p1
Reports on Swedish clothing retailer Hennes & Mauritz's opening of a store in Manhattan, New York. Location site; Size of the store; Number of stores being operated in several countries; Advertising strategy; Reason why the company opened a store in the United States.
- H&M looking at Alexander's site? // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/15/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 72, p7
Discloses that Swedish apparel chain Hennes & Mauritz is considering opening a branch in the site in New York City formerly occupied by Alexander's. Real estate officials' confirmation of speculations that Hennes & Mauritz officials are looking for a site in the area; High-traffic location of...
- 5 Point Plan for December. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec2006, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p112
The article reports that Stockholm, Sweden-based clothing company Hennes & Mauritz AB opened a store at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles, California. The company is for its fashionable but inexpensive clothing such as trench coats, tailored dress shirts and suits. Its first store in the U.S....
- Sweden Lowdown. Patel, Shyama // New York;04/03/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p54
Provides information on the Swedish clothing shop H&M which will open in New York City, New York in 2000 and other stores that are offering bargains and sales. Types of stock at H&M for specific customers; Men's clothes at H&M; Prices of clothes at H&M; Information on the stores of French...
- McCartney Madness: H&M Line Sells Out Within Hours. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/11/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 103, p1
This article reports on the launch of a clothing collection designed by Stella McCartney at H&M stores on November 10, 2005. H&M has focused the launch on stores in 12 major U.S. cities. Early bestsellers included a slouch turtleneck sweater, which had disappeared by mid-morning, trenchcoats,...
- Swanky Swedish retailer opens Strip location. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/19/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p23
This article announces that H&M Hennes & Mauritz is opening a store in the Aladdin's Desert Passage resort in Las Vegas, Nevada in fall 2007. Lisa Sandberg, director of U.S. communications for H&M, said what the company offers is a mixture of very high-end fashions that can be turned around in...
- Shoppers Jostle for Bargains at H&M. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/3/2000, Vol. 170 Issue 64, p24
Reports on the opening of Swedish retailer Hennes & Mauritz's three-level flagship at 640 Fifth Avenue, New York. Success of the store opening; Company's plan to open other stores in the United States; Bargain prices offered by the company; Products offered by Hennes & Mauritz.
- Sweden's Gift to Shoppers. HJELT, PAOLA // Fortune International (Europe);11/11/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz' (H&M) store in Harlem, New York City. Type of merchandise; Views of chief executive officer Rolf Eriksen; Its efforts to succeed in the U.S. market; Background on the company; Marketing strategies; How H& still works like a conservative...