CVS: A righteous rollout
- CVS Looks on Bright Side of Merchandising. Brookman, Faye // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/17/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 128, p11
Reports on the enhancements made by drug store chain CVS at its store in Kendall Park, New Jersey. Cosmetics displayed at the store; Free gift offered by the Lumene brand; Sales of the drug chain for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2005.
- Making sure everybody knows when the tree falls. Eder, Rob // Drug Store News;2/16/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p14
Points out that "Drug Store News" has the job of not just reporting to the U.S. pharmacy industry that something has happened but also its implications. Case of CVS's return to the Southern California market.
- Solution Center Suppliers. // Chain Store Age;May2007, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p220
A list of retail store suppliers in the U.S. is presented. They include Carter & Burgess for architectural engineering/design services, Moveable Cubicle for backroom/distribution/storage, and C&C Building Automation Company for building controls/monitoring.
- CVS makes its debut in the Olympic city. Fried, Lisa I. // Drug Store News;10/21/96, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p3
Reports on CVS Inc.'s opening of nine stores in Atlanta, Georgia. Key features of the stores; CVS' expansion plans in Atlanta.
- CVS's new store format expands photo area. // Drug Store News;6/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p170
Reports on the more convenience-oriented format for the front of CVS stores that expands its photograph department. Number of stores where the format will be used.
- CVS, Care mark to merge PBM services. Walker, Tracey // Managed Healthcare Executive;Dec2006, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p12
The article presents information on the merger of retail pharmacy chain CVS Corp., and pharmaceutical service company Caremark Rx. According to the experts, the combination of the two companies is likely to create benefits for employers and health plans. The merger reflects a continuation of a...
- The right locations: network, leasebacks trim costs. Desjardins, Doug // Drug Store News;12/13/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p125
This article reports that when CVS Corp. acquired Eckerd Corp., it got more than just a 1,260- store addition with a strong presence in the South. It also got dozens of stores that were under construction or in development that will be absorbed into the company's ongoing expansion over the next...
- Growth of company reflects Ryan's strong career. // Drug Store News;10/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p18
Profiles Tom Ryan, chief executive officer of U.S. drugstore chain CVS Corp. Personal background; Education and training in the pharmaceutical industry; Career highlights; Business philosophy; Leadership style.
- CVS turns to the sky for self-promotion. // Drug Store News;12/16/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p30
Reports the marketing tactics of CVS in promoting the stores in Tampa Bay, Florida. Advantages of the billboards used by CVS to call attention for customers; Significance of the pricing provided in grand-opening specials; Emphasis of CVS's attractive stores located in high-traffic areas.