Greatest show on earth
- Sales Momentum Continues at Wal-Mart. Springer, Jon // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/28/2012, p4
The article reports on the CIBC World Markets Retail and Consumer Conference where Wal-Mart Stores announced the sales and traffic at its U.S. stores which are described as positive in February and March 2012.
- E-issues, image top marketing conference agenda. Gallanis, Zby Peter J // DSN Retailing Today;8/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p4
Highlights the issues focused on in the retailer-exclusive Executive Conference 2000 held in July 2000 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Forecast on the retailing industry; Background information on the business operations of Wal-Mart; Effect of the Internet on retail marketers.
- Puerto Rico hosts ICSC idea exchange. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;1/25/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the idea exchange that will be held by the International Council of Shopping Centers in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico. Reception and cocktail; Speakers during the event; Issues covered during the two-day activity at the Ritz Carlton San Juan Hotel and Casino.
- Challenges & Changes Ahead in World of Retailing. // Retail Merchandiser;Oct2002, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p35
Presents highlights from the Goldman Sachs Global Retailing Conference which took place in New York in September 2002. Expansion of Paris, France-based Carrefour in Asia; Views of CVS chairman Tom Ryan on the performance of the retail industry in 2001; Strengths of retailer Wal-Mart according...
- PEOPLE and EVENTS. // Retailing Today;Apr/May2007 Supplement, Vol. 46, p29
The article presents a calendar of event related to the retail industry in the U.S. Bentonvilte/Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce Champion member annual golf tournament will be held on April 27, 2007 in Bella Vista, Arkansas. The FMI Show with MarketTechnics presented by the Food Marketing...
- PEOPLE & EVENTS. // DSN Retailing Today;12/14/2004 Supplement, Vol. 43, p30
Lists congresses on business and the retail industry for January to May 2005. National Retail Federal Annual Convention and Expo in New York; Wal-Mart 2005 Supplier Summit in Kansas City; Retail Industry Leaders Association annual Logistics Conference in San Diego, California; Release dates of...
- Wal-Mart to Upgrade Basics, Add Fashion. Palmieri, Jean E. // DNR: Daily News Record;3/13/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p7
The article focuses on the presentation of Wal-Mart executives at the 2006 Bear Stearns retail conference. Stephen Quinn, senior vice president of marketing for Wal-Mart, addressed the ongoing changes at retail giant. Although the retailer will strive to retain its loyal shopper, it is also...
- Leading Off. Sparks, Brian D. // American Fruit Grower;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p4
Relates topics and issues discussed at the 2003 U.S. Apple Association Apple Crop Outlook and Marketing Conference. Influence of Wal-Mart on the retail produce market; Examples of emerging consumer food trends among U.S. families; Discussions on acreage removal.
- FIT Seminar Mulls State of Retailing. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/17/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 81, p2
Reports on the holding of a retailing seminar held at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Development plans at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. according to its global sourcing vice president Helena Gadison; Trends among retailers to develop their own brands; Economic trends according to...