SEM guarantees First Choice for holidays
- Buzz 'spider' thwarts hijackers. // Marketing Week;5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on the deal between European airline Buzz Airline and Webgravity. Merger between Webgravity and online specialist IBNet; Use of the IBNet spider to emulate commercial search engines and to assess the friendliness of the Buzz' site; Benefits of the IBNet spider to the daily operations of...
- First Choice hit by jungle fever. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/15/2003, Issue 2594, p4
Reports on the marketing strategy of the tour operator First Choice Inc. in Great Britain. Sponsorship deal of the company; Availability of retail offers from the company; Campaign cost of the company.
- Webgravity signs UK Online as first link-finding user. // New Media Age;10/31/2002, p3
Reports on the signing of the Web site of the British government with search engine optimization company Webgravity. Purpose of the agreement; Terms of the agreement; Features of the search engine service for small businesses.
- Doubts over ABTA insurance training. Thomas, Sarah // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/15/2004, Issue 1709, p3
The Association of British Travel Agents's insurance training scheme could be scrapped due to lack of support, Chief executive Ian Reynolds said larger operators were still unhappy with the cost, despite board members approving its compulsory status at a meeting in July 2003. Reynolds met with...
- Fresh serving of Turkey. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/10/2003, Issue 1658, p10
Reports that First Choice Inc. has introduced Turkey to its winter holiday program. Features of the packages; Prices.
- 'Cuts keep lates to a minimum' Noakes, Gary; Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/17/2002, Issue 2518, p8
Reports on the sales performance of the travel company First Choice Inc. as of June 2002. Capacity cuts done by the company; Decline in summer bookings; Level of margins.
- Operator plans greater flexibility. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/17/2002, Issue 2518, p8
Discusses the plan of travel operator First Choice Inc. to offer flexible durations on flights to key destinations. Allocation of some of the lates seat-only availability into the model; Launch of an advertising campaign for the service; Rate of return from the program.
- Q&A. Haugton, Kyle // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/9/2002, Issue 2530, p48
Presents answers to queries concerning First Choice Inc.'s decision to become involved in add-on sector. Growth potential in the add-on sector; Ways agents can book with First Choice; Tips for agents who want to increase their add-on sales.
- Operator debuts Holiday Villages. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/18/2003, Issue 2577, p7
Reports on First Choice's introduction of a Holiday Villages concept in Lanzarote, Canary Islands to second-edition 2004 brochures. Company's upgrading of a Family Plus property in Lanzarote; First Choice's deal to fill the villages.