Searching for a good read
- A kind of contagion. Rosenberg, M. // New Statesman & Society;5/17/91, Vol. 4 Issue 151, p38
Comments on the 50th birthday celebration of Puffin Books, the maker of full-color, paperback children's books. The first editor, Eleanor Graham; What Puffin will sell this year in Britain; What the achievement rests on; Details.
- Reorganization at Penguin U.K.; layoffs seen ahead. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;7/10/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 28, p9
Announces the restructuring and layoffs at Penguin U.K. in order to integrate hardcover and softcover publishing as fully as possible. New adult editorial structure; Creation of the division Penguin Press to handle Allen Lane line of books; State of British book trading.
- Penguin staff protest U.K. layoffs. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;12/11/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 50, p22
Reports that a hundred staff members of Penguin U.K. demonstrated outside the firm's head office in London, England, to protest recent layoffs, increased workloads and what they complained is a lack of managerial direction. Petition sent to the group chief executive Peter Mayer.
- PENGUIN BOOKS. // Design Week;Jan2010 Hot 50 Supplement, p15
The article focuses on several developments made by Penguin Books Ltd. in the design industry in Great Britain.
- Penguin Books Hits 75. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 20, p9
The article mentions the anniversary of Penguin Books, which has been in business for 75 years.
- Dutton Children's Books and Playskool... // Playthings;Feb95, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the launching of a new printing press by Dutton Children's Books and Playskool. Purpose of launching of new press; Products to be launched by company.
- ENTERTAINMENT. // New Media Age;6/26/2008 Effectiveness Awards Supp, p17
The article announces that Penguin Books' Blog A Penguin Classics won in the Entertainment category in the New Media Age (NMA) Effectiveness Awards in 2008.
- Me Books. // Children's Technology Review;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p22
The article offers brief information on the Me Books application software from Penguin Books Ltd.
- New job losses at Penguin UK; Glover goes. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;11/13/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 46, p18
Reports on the resignation of Trevor Glover as managing director of publishing company Penguin UK. Job losses arising from the company's need to reduce operating costs; Weakness of the United Kingdom market; Increased demand for low-price books; Comments from chief executive Peter Mayer.