Finding the way forward with SEM
- The great search engine debate. Haig, Matt // Marketing Week;11/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p47
Looks at the different ways that Internet search engines generate advertising revenues. Google's Premium Sponsorship scheme and AdWords program; Search engines' efforts to balance commercial and user interests; Adoption of pure 'pay-for-position' models by the search engines Overture and...
- Web's search engines celebrate rising profits. Flood, Gary // Information World Review;Apr2003, Issue 190, p8
Reports on the benefits of placing advertisements on online search engines. Conversion rates of this form of online advertising; Comparison between online advertising and banner advertising; Potential problem with online advertising.
- Fees easing into high tech world. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/26/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the trend among United States Internet portals of charging fees to companies that want to be listed in their search engines. Efforts of Wiggin & Nourie PA in assisting companies negotiate contracts with search engine companies; Factors attributing to such trend of charging online...
- Search engines prove top lead for recruitment sites. Dillabough, Chris // New Media Age;1/30/2003, p14
Reveals that search engine marketing is the most effective form of online advertising for bringing in traffic according to the second National Online Recruitment Audience Survey in Great Britain. Sites which participated in the survey; Reasons for visiting job sites.
- Businesses turn to the Internet for a wave of alternative advertising. Bryant, Gayle; Banaghan, Margaret // BRW;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p86
Reports on the growth of the online advertising industry in Australia. Comments from Ramin Marzbani of www.consult; Paths that online advertising can follow; Advertisers buying keywords from Internet search engines to link their advertisement to a customers search using the keyword; Examples of...
- Is Google's growth bound to continue? Dillabough, Chris // New Media Age;8/8/2002, p18
Presents information on advertising in the Web search engine sector in Great Britain in 2002. Search marketing specialists which claim that a seven-figure annual advertisement spending from a client is not unusual; Web properties powered by Google UK; Reasons portals choose other Web search...
- Paying Your Way to the Top. Scott, David M. // EContent;May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the growth of the search engine advertising industry as of May 1, 2003. Types of search engine network model; Potential benefits of search engine advertising to small business organizations; Profitability of search engine advertising.
- The right to SEARCH. // AdMedia;Jul2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p11
Information on the topics discussed at the New Generation Search seminar in July 2007 is presented. The seminar focused on the developments in the Internet search environment and their possible influence on Internet advertising in New Zealand. Discussions evolved around the two major players:...
- Advertisers attack Google over Adwords enhancement. Dillabough, Chris // New Media Age;10/16/2003, p3
Relates the reaction of advertisers to the enhancements made by Internet search engine Google to its AdWords paid-for listings program in October 2003. Description of the enhancements; Problems associated with the changes, according to the advertisers.