E-tail prices rising steadily but still patchily
- Goldfish yearly e-Tail figures have rocketed. // Marketing Week;9/26/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p41
Cites findings of the Goldfish e-Tail Price Index related to online trading for August 2002 in Great Britain. Factors responsile for increase in prices of leisure goods and services; Percentage increase in prices in the clothing sector; Strategies adopted by e-tailers for different product...
- How much is that doggy on the Web site? Els, Frik // Finance Week;6/14/2002, p49
Reports the amount of the total online retail market in South Africa. Emphasis on the spectacular demise of business-to-consumer stores; Advantages of online pricing strategies; Reliability of business models.
- The Impact of Computer Anxiety On The Evaluation of Prices On The Internet. Suri, Rajneesh; Manchanda, Rajesh; Monroe, Kent B.; Srinivasan, Srini S. // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p254
This research seeks to add to our understanding of how consumers' comfort with using computers (computer anxiety) could influence their willingness to pay disparate prices for goods offered over the Internet. An experiment was designed to examine the effects of motivation to shop online and...
- Birthdays and bankruptcy in our Business Issue. Avenell, Patrick // Appliance Retailer;Jul2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including bankruptcy, electronic retailing, and pricing strategy.
- Go to the pharmacy not the internet for prescriptions. // NCRHI Newsletter;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the cost of purchasing prescription medications over the Internet. Study on drugs sold over the Internet conducted by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania; Additional costs in the medicines sold over the Internet.
- Pricing Strategy and the Net. Pitt, Leyland F.; Berthon, Pierre; Watson, Richard T.; Ewing, Michael // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p45
Introduces a pricing strategy that considers factors brought by the Internet. Pricing principles; Factors affecting customer value; Survival in the Internet economy.
- RETAIL PRICE DISPERSION: CONSUMER, FIRM, AND MARKET DETERMINANTS. Yong Cao; Gruca, Thomas S. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 12, p298
Price dispersion is an indicator of the competitive intensity between firms. The degree of price dispersion is determined by consumer heterogeneity, firm heterogeneity and market structure. We summarize the extant analytical and empirical research using a series of propositions. We also explore...
- Online prices up by 4.7% since last year. // New Media Age;6/20/2002, p19
Provides information on online price inflation during May 2002, according to a Goldfish price index. Statistical data on increases in online prices; Details on the prices of housing products and leisure goods; Implications for electronic retailers.
- Information Technology and Pricing: Introduction to the Special Section. Kauffman, Robert J. // Journal of the Association for Information Systems;June2010, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p298
The article offers and introduction to the special section on information technology (IT) and pricing, discussing an article by Robert J. Kauffman and Dongwon Lee on understanding price rigidity in internet retailing and one by Shin-Yi Wu and Rajiv D. Banker on the strategic effectiveness of...