Stuff the consumer let's just cash in
- Big bang buys. // Advertising Age;7/6/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 27, p10
Discusses the effect of media consolidation on the advertising industry. Examples of the different media mergers; How the consolidated companies have changed the ways they deal with advertisers; How the media landscape is changing; Why the media conglomeration can be good for the advertiser.
- Acquisitions. // Promo;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on acquisitions in the advertising industry as of August 2002. Markham, Ontario-based CoolBrands International Inc.'s purchase of Norwalk, California-based frozen fruit bar manufacturer Fruit-A-Freez Inc.; Los Angeles, California-based direct and online marketing specialist L90 Inc.'s...
- TREACHEROUS WATERS? // Photo District News;Aug2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, Special Section p34
Offers a look on the implications of acquisition trends in advertising and print designing industries.
- TV rivals hit out at ITV firms' step toward merger. Rogers, Daniel // Marketing (00253650);8/22/2002, p1
Reports the opposition of the joint venture of Carlton and Granada company to win advertisement contracts by Channel 4 and Sky in Great Britain.
- Been there, done that. Reiss, Craig // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/8/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p27
Focuses on the implications of the merger activity in the advertising industry of the United States. Overview of the industry; Role of media agencies; Impact of the failure of integrated marketing.
- Difficult business of saying who's who in global super league. Hatfield, Stefano // Campaign (UK);04/09/99, Issue 14, p2
Comments on the merger mania in the advertising agency sector. Possibility of M&C Saatchi acquiring Saatchi & Saatchi; Companies that are likely targets of consolidations; Move by agencies to aspire for an expanded global service.
- QUICKHITS. // B to B;1/14/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p6
Reports developments on the consolidation and merger of advertising companies in the United States as of January 2002. Purchase of Atlas Commerce Inc. by VerticalNet Inc.; Acquisition of Freedom magazines by Line 56 Media; Consolidation between Malone Advertising and Haselow Marketing...
- L90-eUniverse merger scuttled. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/12/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 28, p59
Reports the postponement of the planned merger between online entertainment network eUniverse Inc. and Internet advertising agency L90 Inc. int the U.S. Investigation of the merger by the Securities and Exchange commission.
- Giant clients trigger advertising's merger mania. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);11/12/99, Issue 45, p12
Cites different factors that trigger consolidation in the advertising business. Impact of changing client demands; Need for more effective management of conflict problems; Shareholder expectation; Growth of technology and electronic commerce; Power of multinational clients.