Time to take the bull out of the thundering herd
- Merrill fires retail analyst. // Crain's New York Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p26
Reports the dismissal of Peter Caruso as retail analyst of Merrill Lynch & Co. for cutting earnings estimates and downgraded Home Depot.
- Merrill Kicks Off 'Back to Basics' Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Nov2003, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p34
Provides information on "The Total Merrill Challenge: Back to Basics," a sales contest by Merrill Lynch that rewards brokers for recommending a wide selection of products and services as well as gathering assets. Highlights of the campaign; Goal of the program; Managers who are qualified to...
- Merrill Hire for Hispanic Community . // American Banker;7/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 143, p6
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s selection of Mario Paredes as a manager in its multicultural and diversified business development group. Business responsibilities of Paredes; Career background.
- Shake-Up at Merrill Lynch Continues. // American Banker;12/10/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 235, p18
Reports on the reshuffling of executives at Merrill Lynch & Co., as of December 10, 2002. Selection of Kevan Watts for the post of the company's chairman; Resignation of G. Kelly Martin from the international brokerage unit of the company.
- Merrill Shuffles Investment Unit. Anderson, Amy L. // American Banker;3/12/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 48, p24
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co.'s announcement of several executive changes in its Americas investment management unit. Naming of Mary E. Taylor as co-head of the unit with Robert C. Doll; Promotion of Paul Galietto to chief operating officer for its retail business.
- Merrill expands roles of two power research analysts. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/17/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p8
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s expansion of the duties of Sue Graham and John Herrlin, officials in energy research, to encompass the entire global power markets. Process of restructuring its research teams to push for broader coverage; Creation of 19 global research ventures;...
- Merrill Gives Retail to O'Neal, Banking to Steffens. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;2/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p9
Reports on Merril Lynch & Co. Inc.'s reassignment of top executives in its United States private-client group. Handing of responsibility for global banking strategy to veteran John L. Steffens; Naming of chief financial officer E. Stanley O'Neal to head the company's retail brokerage operation;...
- A Carrot, a Stick: What Makes a Manager Tick? Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Sep99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the methods of determining brokerage's branch managers compensation. Percentage of the salary of the branch manager's compensation; Considerations concerning the manager's bonus; Details on how Merrill Lynch determine compensation. INSET: The Move to Non-Producing Managers.
- James Gorman. // BRW;1/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p65
Profiles Australian James Gorman, president of U.S.-based Merrill Lynch. Estimated annual income; Residence.
- Evers Joins Merrill As Sell-Side Analyst. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p7
Reports on the resignation of veteran transportation analyst Kathleen Evers from Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. to take on the position of managing director of municipal bond research at Merrill Lynch & Co.