Would you credit it? A card for children
- Sound Off! // Wentzville Journal;8/29/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 35, pA11
This section offers news briefs pertaining to Saint Charles County, Missouri including one about the 2012 Festival of the Little Hills, one about the free Cardinal Glennon Kids' Festival at Saint Josephn Health Center, and one about the problem with Cardholder Services.
- how money fights affect your family. Moroz, Yelena // Real Simple;May2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p157
The article cites a study at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina which showed that children who witness their parents fighting about money are three times more likely to carry credit-card debt as young adults compared to those whose parents kept matters private.
- Capital One ad gets time restriction. // Marketing Week;6/12/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the restriction of the television advertisement for Capital One's credit card by the Independent Television Commission in Great Britain. Spot of the commercial; Impact of the promotion on children; Imposition of fines on Shop America.
- SCUTTLEBUTT. smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;07/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p3
Features news developments on business in Las Vegas, Nevada as of July 17, 2000. Practice by small business of using credit cards to finance their ventures; Increase in the percentage of children who are overweight; Launch by Luxor Hotel & Casino of a system of reflectors in the beam of light...
- Teaching Your Kids About Money. // Clergy Journal;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p27
Presents suggestions for parents on teaching children about using credit cards responsibly. Need to pay off credit cards monthly; Tips on budgeting; Ways to encourage children to consult parents before buying anything that costs more than $100.
- Simplify, Simplify, Simplify. Gracia, Maria // Going Bonkers;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p56
The author provides guidelines to organize and simplify one's life. She believes that it is more important to acquire a few good things that are significant than to just have lots of them. She recommends consolidation of credit cards and paying cash for personal purchases. She notes that too...
- Fast facts. // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2005, Issue 8, p14
Presents information on personal finance in Australia. Percentage of children who do not receive pocket money from their parents; Average amount of pocket money received by children aged 5 to 12 years; Estimated amount of debt owed by an average 18 to 24-year-old credit card holder.
- TOO YOUNG TO SWIPE? Newton, Benita // Newsweek;6/10/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 23, p60
Discusses credit cards for teenagers. Mention of the Dibz card, the Visa Buxx, and the i-GEN MasterCard; Argument of some financial experts that these cards can help teach kids to use credit wisely; Worries of others that the cards are a ploy to get kids hooked on credit cards at a young age.
- Divorce Protection. Costa, Anthony // Best Life;Aug2008, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p36
The article presents tips on how divorce couple can protect their children. The general rule is that the spouse is entitled to an equal share of assets acquired during the marriage. If a wife has a shopping habit, the husband should make sure she is using her own credit card instead of the joint...