UK media have to keep the home fires burning
- BRIT SOCCER SUIT BOOTED. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;8/2/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 43, p6
Reports the loss of Football League in a court case with Carlton and Granada in England. Terms of the court decision; Failure of the soccer team to recover money from the broadcasters; Bankruptcy of Carlton and Granada-owned ITV Digital.
- KIRCH KICK. // Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 10, p8
Reports that Kirch Group, a media company in Germany, has sold the British rights to the 2002 and 2006 World Cup soccer championships jointly to BBC and ITV. Price of rights acquisition deal.
- Chelsea TV plots subscription ads. // Marketing (00253650);7/12/2006, p5
The article focuses on an integrated marketing campaign launched by Chelsea Football Club. The club has appointed advertising agency Bright to create a DRTV advertisement, which will be shown on satellite channels. The agency will also handle the club's direct and online advertising for the...
- Media planning & buying. Pechter, Kerry // Advertising Age International;Jul97, pI19
Focuses on the conflict between global media sellers and media buyers from the United States. Perception of sellers of global media to the international training of U.S. media buyers; Criticism of media buyers on the effectiveness of panregional data; Cost of sending Americans abroad for training.
- Ah, the Life of a Media Buyer. Cabrinha, John // Response;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p93
Discusses the work of infomercial media buyers. History of infomercials; Emergence of long-form infomercial programs; Audience response to infomercials; Impact of infomercials on sales performance. INSET: Hawthorne direct Handles Creative, Media Buying for New Sharp....
- The more the merrier. Merrill, Cristina // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/20/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p12
Focuses on the trend among media buying agencies to serve competing clients. Advertisers' acceptance of the situation despite possible conflicts of interest; Impact of consolidations; Clients' benefit from the negotiating strength of top media agencies; Importance of negotiating clout versus an...
- WPP, Zenith, Carat in race to purchase MBS in Canada. Merrill, Cristina // Adweek Western Edition;10/28/96, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p52
Focuses on the battle to acquire Media Buying Services Ltd. Contending firms.
- THEY'RE BACK. Freeman, Laurie // Adweek Western Edition;04/23/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 17, pSR34
Deals with the interest of advertising companies on the primetime schedule of television networks. Other media considered by advertising companies; Industries that are increasing their spending for primetime television advertisements.
- The End of the Upfront? Gay, Verne // Adweek Western Edition;04/23/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 17, pSR36
Focuses on the financial performance of advertising agencies in the upfront network marketplace during the summer of 2000. Factors affecting the financial performance of the market; Details on the consolidation of major companies controlling the upfront budgets.