Radio Authority to put 12 regional FM licences up for grabs in 2003
- 72 FM radio licenses in 5 years: NA told. // Flare (Pakistan);Dec2013, p65
The article reports that 72 licenses have been issued by the Pakistan Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and National Heritage to FM radios in the last five years.
- Xfm begins month's trail in Manchester. // Marketing Week;7/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p14
Reports on the launch of a trial of Xfm, an alternative music radio station, in Manchester, England. Release of the new FM radio licenses; Schedule of the broadcasting; Events to be hosted by the station.
- Radio rats fight for cheese. Bainbridge, James // B&T Weekly;4/23/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2468, p11
Says that the steep prices being paid for the radio licenses in Australia are a concern for many in the radio broadcasting industry, even those who are prepared to pay them. $106 million paid by DMG for a Sydney FM radio; Melbourne license auction; Brisbane FM license snagged by the DMG and ARN...
- Unlike minds meet. B.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/5/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 46, p4
Reports the criticism of New Republican Commissioner Kevin Martin on the FM license award to Liberty Productions in the United States. Decision of the Federal Communications Commission to grant the license to Liberty; Comments of Martin on the licensing decision; Responses of the company's...
- PEMRA cancels four FM radio licences. // Flare (Pakistan);12/15/2012, p70
The article reports on the cancellation of four non-operative FM radio licences of M/s Busy Bee Pvt. Ltd. at the 79th meeting of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) in Islamabad, Pakistan in 2012.
- Veteran backs Liverpool bid. Williams, Paul // Music Week;7/22/2006, Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the decision by former GCap Media chief executive David Mansfield to back Absolute Radio UK Ltd's application for a new Liverpool FM licence in Great Britain. Mansfield is making a comeback to British radio by agreeing to chair a bid by Absolute with Communication Corp. to...
- Will FM radio turn to talk? Dangermond, Rachel // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/29/96, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p25
Reports on the migration of talk radio to FM radio stations in New Orleans, Louisiana. Exploitation of talk audience; Traditional talks focusing on politics.
- CEE-LO GREEN TAKES OVER CHICAGO. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;8/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p8
The article offers information about the visit of Cee-Lo Green, one of the top superstars in the U.S. at WGCI-FM studios to visit the Coca-Cola lounge in Chicago, Illinois.
- New radio licenses in Holland. MA // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/93, Vol. 123 Issue 50, p36
Reports on the giving of permanent access to Holland's terrestrial frequencies to a limited number of Dutch commercial radio stations for the first time in 1994. Regional FM radio frequency bundles' provision of same reach as a national terrestrial network; Dutch public broadcasters' monopoly...