Help the Aged rebrands its financing range
- Umbrellas: the bill-boarding effect. Dubay, Keith // Wearables Business;Jul2005, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p19
Discusses several trends in the use of umbrella as a promotional accessory as of July 1, 2005 . Advantage of umbrella as a promotional accessory, according to Haas-Jordan Vice President Todd Blackmar; Use of umbrellas to promote a charitable undertaking; Creativity in using umbrellas as a...
- Bronzing under a brolly. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p25
Describes the `sunshine umbrella' from Calgary-based Pro Cutis North America Inc., which is designed to filter out harmful ultraviolet radiation while letting the not so harmful rays through. President Jim Carter produces a vinyl fabric that can be used for awnings and boat canopies and a...
- An umbrella's ups and downs. Ades, John Irvine // Christian Science Monitor;1/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 35, p17
Presents a humorous look at the experience had by the author as he attempted to board a crowded bus in Baltimore, Maryland during rush hour with an umbrella. How the umbrella defied his attempts to close it; Result of his inability to get the umbrella closed; Reaction of the bus driver and...
- The good umbrella. Pacayo, J. // Esquire;Nov90, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p196
Photo essay of black, handmade umbrellas. Includes some price and source information.
- Calling all brollies. Conrad, K. // Highlights for Children;Apr90, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the history of the umbrella, first used as a sun shade in Egypt in ancient times, then reintroduced in England in the 1700s. Origin of the word `umbrella'; Uses; Superstitions; Fancy umbrellas.
- The unfolding story. Turner, Rob // Money;May98, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p158
Reports on the different types of umbrellas available to consumers. The two main styles of umbrellas; Features such as double canopies.
- Umbrellas. Coggins, R. // Good Housekeeping;Apr92, Vol. 214 Issue 4, p50
Shows a variety of umbrellas for showery days. Victorian wallpaper print; Green plaid; Abstract jungle print; Kaleidoscopic print; Polka dots; Manufacturer and prices included.
- Yoicks! Yoicks! and Brolly ho! Rah for the `parapluie!' Shenker, I. // Smithsonian;Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p130
Looks at the umbrella, probably invented by the Egyptians, and some of the people throughout history who have used it.
- The umbrella. Price, C.P. // Vogue;Apr91, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p378
Presents a photo essay with brief text of fashionable umbrellas. Includes designs by Burberrys, Liberty, Mark Cross and others.