Renault signs French soccer ace to boost masculine image of brand
- HENRY, Thierry. // Black Studies Primer;2008, p204
A brief profile of one of the finest football players in the world, Thierry Henry, who started his professional career with the Versailles Football Club in 1992, is presented.
- The TOP 10 GOALS THAT MADE THE WORLD GASP. // Four Four Two;Dec2012, Issue 222, p22
The article offers information on several significant goals made in professional football. It relates that in 1939, football player Carlo Parola helped Juventus team won over Fiorentina with his so-called bicycle kick. It also highlights the goals made by football players Thierry Henry and...
- GAME ON. Smith, Richard // Gay Times (09506101);Jul2004, Issue 310, p52
Features the most sexiest football players in Europe. Frederik Ljungberg; Bernt Haas; David Beckham; Thierry Henry.
- HENRY'S "HAND OF GOD". Kaluđerović, Željko // Human: Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies;Apr2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p53
In this paper the author discusses the views and statements of the French football player Thierry Henry he gave after his illegal play during the playoff match between France and the Republic of Ireland to claim one of the final spots in the World Cup 2010 in South Africa. First, by controlling...
- Strange and confusing, the double standards at play on race. Davies, Hunter // New Statesman;5/3/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4686, p59
Focuses on racism in sports in the 1970s. Comment of football player Clyde Best about hate letters and racism; Idea that it is different for British-born blacks in the 1990s; Mention of several players including Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira; Idea that fans abuse players for reasons other...
- VA-VA-VOOM. // Contract Journal;8/24/2005, Vol. 429 Issue 6539, p2
Presents information on the presence of football player Thierry Henry in a sneak preview of the new stadium of Sir Robert McAlpine in England in 2005.
- Gillette is right to stand by Thierry Henry. Atkinson, David // Marketing Week;11/26/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p13
In this article the author argues that Gillette was correct in standing by football player Thierry Henry despite the controversy affecting him. While Gillette is aware that they can be criticized for their continued association with Henry, it also realizes that competitors will still be willing...
- "YOU'RE SENDING ME OFF FOR WHAT, REF?!". // Australian FourFourTwo;Sep2012, p95
The article recounts unusual sending-offs in football. Eric Hassli of Vancouver Whitecaps was sent off during a June 2011 game against New England for taking off his shirt in celebration, despite wearing another shirt underneath. Thierry Henry was issued a red card during a June 2011 game...
- Gillette picks trio of global 'faces'. // Marketing (00253650);1/31/2007, p2
The article reports that Gillette Co. in Great Britain has signed sporting stars Thierry Henry, Tiger Woods, and Roger Federer to replace David Beckham as its global brand ambassadors. The three sportsmen have accepted two-year deals to become the faces of the brand. Gillette is planning a major...