Marks & Spencer trials homeware store format
- M&S U-turn on mail order furnishings plan. // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p1
Reports the reversal of plans to withdraw from the mail order home furnishing market by Marks & Spencer PLC. Statement of company spokeswoman on the business plan; Data on orders generated by Direct operation; Financial performance of the enterprise.
- M&S is at last stocking the outfits in all the sizes. // Estates Gazette;6/15/2002, Issue 224, p35
Reports on the plan of Marks & Spencer to expand its business operation into the food and furnishings market. Competitors of the company; Determination of the company on its decision.
- M&S to develop ready meal kit to rival Enjoy! range. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);11/29/2001, p1
Reports the plan of Marks & Spencer to launch a meal-kit concept that will rival the Enjoy! range of Unilever Bestfoods. Content in the meal-kit concept; Strategy of the company for the marketing of its products; Details on the appointment of Helen Buck as head of marketing for the food...
- Marks & Spencer Cuts U.S. Growth Plans. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 71, p24
Reports that Mark & Spencer PLC has reduced its overseas expansion plans. Cause of the move; Reduced number of stores planned to open by the company in the United States; Other region where the plan is changed.
- M&S weighs up link to Selfridges. Roberts, Jane // Estates Gazette;3/16/2002, Issue 211, p30
Focuses on the plans of Marks & Spencer to expand its store at Marble Arch, London, England. Options considered by Marks & Spencer to increase store space; Plans involving the underground food space of Selfirdges; Concerns with the plan.
- M&S to sell newspapers in UK outlets. // Marketing Week;9/20/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p5
Reports the sale of magazines and newspapers at Marks and Spencer store outlets in Great Britain. Location of the stores; Lack of planned advertising; Announcement of increasing number of discount stores.
- M&S sustainability scheme goes global. // Supply Management;Jul2014, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that department store chain Marks and Spencer is planning to expand its Plan A sustainability programme globally by establishing a "Global Community Programme" under its Plan A 2020 scheme.
- Marks & Spence homewares sales spring ahead by 9.3%. // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2003, Issue 5332, p5
Reports on the increase in the homewares sales of the furniture firm Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Number of stores; Plan of the company to increase investment; Benefits of the increase for the company.
- Marks & Spencer Plans to Lay Off Up to 1,000 Staff. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/5/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 70, p8
Reports on the plan of Marks & Spencer Group PLC to layoff a number of staff at its headquarters in London, England. Reason behind the move; Projected savings to be generated from the plan; Total number of jobs to be curtailed.