Treat Yourself Like a Goddess
- Be Yourself. Friedemann, Karin // Muslim Observer;6/3/2011, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p3
In this article the author discusses the importance of loving oneself and not losing one's identity in order to please others.
- CREATING A LOVING RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT WALLS. Helm, David Jay; Zenthoefer, Kathryn Ann // Education;Fall85, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p60
This article examines thoughts on how to avoid establishing the "walls" that sometimes hinder the creation of a loving relationship. The study reflects on such concepts as the importance of loving yourself before you can love others, establishing autonomy and a positive self-concept, the needed...
- reaching in. Karmali, Sikeena // Ascent Magazine;Winter2004, Issue 24, p46
Recounts the experience of the author discovering the importance of loving oneself. Role of media in self-love and self-acceptance; Problems brought forth by puberty; Belief of the author that the Third World woman is the most disenfranchised member of the global community.
- Wellness. Wade, Brenda // Essence (Essence);Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p46
Gives advice on learning self-love. Basis for healthy relationships with others; How to forgive oneself; How to express love within.
- LOVE YOURSELF! CARR, MARISA SANDORA // Girls' Life;Feb/Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p58
The article presents suggestions for girls, to love themselves. The tips include soaking up in a warm bath, making peace with mistakes made in the past, writing down traits they love about themselves, and accepting the way one is. Other suggestions include thinking positive, forgetting renemies,...
- Soul Shaping. Brown, Jeff // Personal Excellence;May2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p16
The article suggests ways on honoring a person's divine purpose in life. According to the author, a divine purpose is not honored by carrying shame around. He claims that a person must get to know his personal shame to enable a move forward and to love despite its presence. He believes that...
- Time for a change: Nicholas Hull-Malham. // Gay Times (09506101);Feb2009, Issue 365, p125
The author reflects on the real meaning of love. He cites that such an emotion can result in a sense of well-being or misguided devotion. He states that according to Buddhist monk Michael Ricard, true love cannot exist without compassion and intention to make the life of another person better....
- WHAT MEN ARE TELLING US. Taylor, Susan L. // Essence (Time Inc.);Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p9
Offers tips on handling man-woman relationships. Significance of self-love to a relationship; Influence of communication in the success of a relationship; Ways to understand the needs of each other.
- Romancing the World. Bloom, Amy // Self;Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p132
Talks about loving one's self and life. Relationship with children and pets; Love for the outdoors; Things and actions that give pleasure to a person.