WHEN THE MICROS GOT MACRO
- BEER AND AMERICA. Rudin, Max // American Heritage;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the history of beer in the U.S. Reason on the promotion of beer; Influence of patriotism on brewery development; Role of Germans on beer popularity.
- Wildly popular beer ad sparks national pride. Cohen, Tom // Marketing News;05/08/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p32
The article reports that a television commercial of beer has turned into a national sensation in Canada. It begins with Joe standing on a stage in front of a huge screen filled with the red maple leaf of the national flag. To Canadians, the character touches a national nerve by setting straight...
- LAND OF PLYWOOD. Grainger, James // Quill & Quire;Aug2004, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p26
One of the great things about being Canadian used to be that no one tried to define what was so great about being Canadian. It seemed enough for Canadians to say that they lived here, they liked it here, and they weren't American. Now it seems that you can't turn on the TV or radio without...
- You've seen The Rant, now read The Rave. Bunner, Paul // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);05/08/2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
Presents opinions on the marketing campaign of Molson called 'The Rant.' How the beer ad praises Canada and Canadians; Previous nationalistic slant to Molson's advertising; Comments of Jack Bensimon, president of advertising agency Bensimon Byrne D'Arcy; Author's rewrite of 'The Rant' from a...
- Milton: Poet, Pamphleteer, and Patriot. Olson, Ray // Booklist;6/1/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 19/20, p33
Reviews the book "Poet, Pamphleteer, and Patriot: Milton" by Anna Beer
- Producing patriotic inspiration at Mount Rushmore. Glass, Matthew // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Summer94, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p265
Examines the process of symbolic appropriation that began with the hard work done by the carvers of Mount Rushmore National Memorial focusing specifically on the production of patriotic inspiration at the memorial. Connection with sacred qualities carved into the mountain; Recognition of...
- A patriotic Left? Fonte, John // Commentary;Sep98, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on patriotism in the United States. Reference to the book `Achieving Our Country,' by Richard Rorty; Comments about multicultural education; Reference to a study conducted in the early 1900s in San Diego, California, which focused on the views of 5,000 students on patriotism.
- Against national culture. Appiah, Kwame Anthony // English in Africa;May96, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Discusses Ghanaian patriotism in relation to South African patriotism. Relations of Ghana to South Africa; Ethnic identities present in Ghana; Introduction of the concept of cosmopolitan patriotism; Differentiation of patriotism from nationalism; Cosmopolitan challenge to liberalism.
- Who's the most patriotic of all? Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;07/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p4
Presents the results of a survey which indicates that Americans are more patriotic than any other persons in the world. Details on the most patriotic nations; Nations which have the least amount of patriotism; Number of persons surveyed; Comments from Tom W. Smith, director of the University of...