Evaporative Pool Dehumidification
- ARI Changes Product Sections. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/23/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the approval of changes to the Ammonia Refrigeration Compressor Units Product Section and the Indoor Pool Dehumidifiers Section, by the board of directors of the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute. Revised scope of the product sections.
- weather report October 2002. // Engineered Systems;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the initiation of the economizer cooling systems in various states in the U.S. Maintenance cost benefits of implementing airside cooling systems; Calculation of exhaust air temperature; Dry bulb temperature on Phoenix.
- Fighting Moisture, Frost, and Ice Problems. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/08/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the use of a solid dessicant system with a rotating wheel from Munters Corp. to remove moisture from refrigeration equipment. Benefit of the dessicant-based dehumidification equipment; Source of the airstream; Prevention of freezing the condensate.
- Dehumidification brings new life to old facility. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/18/98, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p9
Describes the dehumidification plan for the Parkside YMCA pool facility in Glenville, New York. Structural damage resulting from the high humidity and chlorine levels of the facility; Project design awarded to Friedman Fisher Associates; Use of PoolPak dehumidification system; Unit's capability...
- Boilermakers Pool to Reduce Moisture, Produce Heat. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Sep2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on the application of dehumidifiers on swimming facilities. Dehumidification difficulties during super-chlorination periods; Air distribution design of the system; Significance of the system on water temperature.
- Heat recovery system does victory lap at pool facility. // Engineered Systems;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the usability of a dehumidification system applied in the aquatic facility at Splash Zone in Oberlin, Ohio. Design of the PoolPak dehumidification system; Composition of a dual-fan configuration capacity; Size of the indoor and outdoor pools.
- HEAT FOR COOLING. // Appliance Design;Jun2009, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p9
The article evaluates the dehumidification and cooling systems from DuCool.
- Flash Forward TO TODAY'S ENVIRONMENTAL TEST CHAMBERS. Jung, David // Quality;Jan2012, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p38
The article reports on the changes made by chamber manufacturers for improved performance. It mentions that some companies have been replacing laboratories complete of liquid-nitrogen cooled chambers for units having advanced control and refrigeration. It states that manufacturers have each...
- Desiccant dehumidification or mechanical refrigeration? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/18/98, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p25
Offers insights on desiccant- and refrigeration-based dehumidification systems. Advisability of using both types of systems; Difference in the costs of electrical power and thermal energy; Factors to consider in choosing a vapor barrier; Insulation between vapor barriers; Non-permeable...