Valves Help Enable Computerized Control of Chiller and Cooling-Tower Operation
- Continuous Modulating Actuators Improve Plant Efficiency. Schulze, Stephan // Power Engineering;Aug2012, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p54
The article looks at how high precision and continuous modulating actuators increase plant efficiency and reduce power consumption. It discusses the elements of the actuator process, the automation technology such as the control valve and auxiliary energy, and control unit. It elaborates on the...
- Pneumatic Valve System. // Product Design & Development;Nov2003, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p1
Presents the Modulex model pneumatic valve system from Parker Hannifin Corp. which features electro-pneumatic automation and selectable valve sizes to meet requirements up to four inches in actuator bore sizes.
- Selecting a Stream Selection Assembly for Analytical Instrumentation. Nordstrom, Doug; Feldman, Joel // Processing (08968659);Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
The article presents suggestions on choosing the best modular device for an analytical instrumentation. It is recommended to choose stream selection assemblies with rated pressure as repetitive shut-off with fewer potential leak points are provided by built-in pneumatic actuators. It is stated...
- System Integration & Small Electric Actuators. LEYVA, RIC // Design News;Nov2014 Supplement Trend Watch, pT16
The article focuses on the cost effectiveness of using small electric actuators. Topics discussed include the integration of safety, vision, and motion control systems in a single platform and the shift from small pneumatic actuators to small electric actuators. The use of the automation...
- Trend watch. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the online courses offered by the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Florida. Includes courses on customer service and workplace stress management; Enrollment fee; Contact information.
- A move to actuation. Roper, James // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p19
The article explores the shift of the British water and effluent treatment industry to actuated valves in 2013. The move to actuated valves is said to be brought about by the automation of processes as plant managers are pressured to increase productivity while reducing costs. It offers a...
- USING TECHNOLOGY AT HOME FOR SAVING ENERGY, CHANGING CHANNELS. D.S.; J.S. // Architectural Record;Mar2002, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p167
Reports the significance of smart-building technology for saving energy at home. Introduction to the E-House 2000; Discussions on wireless computing and monitoring technology; Features of the E-House.
- Focus on valves and actuators. // InTech;May/Jun2012, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p78
A preview of valves and actuators is presented, including the FIELDVUE digital valve controllers from Emerson Process Management, Type 561/562 COne Check Valve and Type 1/595 Vent and Bleed Valve Series from GF Piping Systems, and High Flow direct mount NAMUR solenoid valve product line from...
- Integrated pneumatic actuators. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Feb2013, p30
The article features an integrated valve and actuator control (IVAC) unit.