Hydronic Equipment, Web-Based Controls Earn High Marks From Boarding School
- Williston Northampton School. // Sculpture;Nov2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, Special section p2
The article announces the Williston Northampton School's call for entries for uniquely designed outdoor furniture to decorate a public garden adjacent to its campus in Easthampton, Massachusetts.
- Taco's LoadMatch Single-Pipe System Obvious Choice For Renovated Prep School Dorm. // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jul2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p82
The article highlights the heating and cooling systems at the Williston Northampton School in Easthampton, Massachusetts. It relates that the new 24,000-square-foot building is fitted with Taco Inc.'s LoadMatch single-pipe hydronic system connected to a ground-source-heat-pump system, tapping...
- Dear Kurt Vonnegut. Wicks, Lee // Independent School;Winter98, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the inspirational message shared by renowned author Kurt Vonnegut to seventh graders at The Williston Northampton School in Massachusetts. Stories shared by Vonnegut; Response of several students on Vonnegut's message; Assertions made by Vonnegut.
- Save Money, Save the Environment. Judkis, Maura // U.S. News & World Report;Apr2010, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p58
The article discusses ways in which homeowners can initiate energy-efficient and cost-effective updates to their homes. Homes which have poor insulation or drafty doors and windows may benefit from being updated in order to save money on the cost of utilities in the long term. The article...
- Taxpayers and industry ask: `Is the energy tax fair?'. W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/1/93, Vol. 188 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Comments on President Bill Clinton's tax proposal on Btu-energy. Budget proposal for deficit reduction and revenue-raising; Cost analysis figures; Effectivity of Btu-energy tax in raising revenue.
- Energy-cutting air for the fridge. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb1994, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p76
Discusses the benefit arising from cutting energy consumption. Reliance of the technique on permeable polymer membranes; Research on permeable membranes by William Koros, professor of chemical engineering at the University of texas in Austin; Nitrogen-producing refrigerator as another pathway to...
- Long-term trends in Asian energy. Birol, Fatih; Inui, Tomohiko // OECD Observer;Aug/Sep96, Issue 201, p20
Focuses on the effects of the rapid growth of major economies in Asia on energy consumption markets. Stronger economic growth in the dynamic Asian regions (DARs) than any other region in the world; Strong energy demand in the DARs; Continuous coal and oil domination; Expected increase in oil...
- On the estimation of short- and long-run elasticities in U.S. petroleum consumption: Comment. Bentzen, Jan; Engsted, Tom // Southern Economic Journal;Jan96, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p783
Comments on the article `A Single-Equation Study of U.S. Petroleum Consumption: The Role of Model Specification,' by Clifton T. Jones, published in the April 1993 issue of `Southern Economic Journal.' Use of a general-to-simple modelling strategy; Investigation of time-series properties in...
- On the estimation of short- and long-run elasticities in U.S. petroleum consumption: Reply. Jones, Clifton T. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan96, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p788
Replies to Jan Bentzen and Tom Engsted's comments on the article `A Single-Equation Study of U.S. Petroleum Consumption: The Role of Model Specification,' by Clifton T. Jones, published in the April 1993 issue of `Southern Economic Journal.' Cointegration analysis; Construction of an error...