Steps to Selecting a Sustainability Professional
- 1: Computer Software. // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Apr2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p38
The article presents a list of computer software, used by home builders, including Aareas Interactive, Automated Trackers and Bosch Digital Power Tools.
- Partnering plus. Coffey, Daniel P. // Contract;Nov2005, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p100
This article discusses whether there is a need for a new type of leadership and marketing for the design professions. The current process of gaining the next opportunity to practice the trade offers diminishing returns to the design professions. The traditional RFQ/RFP is subject to decision by...
- Brits vs. Europeans in close YAYA race. // Building Design;2/27/2004, Issue 1614, p2
Reports on the competition between British and European architects at the BD/Corus Young Architect of the Year Award 2004 held in London, England. Names of the British architects and the architectural agency they represent; Prizes at stake in the competition.
- Do You Need an Architect? . Jaffe, Jody B. // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p192
Discusses the advantages of hiring an architect for a remodeling project than finding a design/build firm that will work for the project. Difference between the services rendered by architects and that of design/build firm; Problems with design/build firms; Factors to consider when looking for...
- Area Architectural Firms. // Toledo Business Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p21B
A chart is presented which lists the Greater Toledo, Ohio area architectural firms based on the number of local employees including The Collaborative Inc., Bellharz Architects Inc., and Duket Architects Planners.
- ARCHITECTURAL FIRMS. // Orange County Business Journal;2005 Book of Lists, Vol. 27, p80
The article presents the annual book of lists for 2004 of the "Orange County Business Journal." The book of lists gives businesspeople in Orange County (OC), California, the information and tools they need to make informed decisions. The particular category discussed in the article relates to...
- Practical Tips and Tricks for Builder/Remodeler Software Needs with Christine Fortenberry. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;6/17/2014, p3
A description of the course on computer software for builders and remodelers facilitated by Georgia Tech graduate Christine Fortenberry is presented.
- HOME BUILDERS. // BusinessWest;7/15/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p28
A table is presented which lists leading house builders in the U.S. which include the builder's name and address, service area and their specialization in building a particular type of house.
- Positioning for Profitability. Linley, Rick // Canadian Architect;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p51
Describes the benefits of focusing the architectural firm to excel in a particular area of practice. Key issue facing the profession; Types of firms; Dimensions of the architectural marketplace; Approaches that architecture firms should take in the market.