Is Everything Old Actually Green?
- Identifying Trigger Points to Efficiency. Woerpel, Herb // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/14/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the Energy 2030 On the Road campaign of the Alliance to Save Energy (ASE) which details the 2030 recommendations towards state and local governments. It outlines the components of the state and local campaign that was officially launched in May 2014. According to the U.S....
- Editorial Net-zero-energy technology for building retrofit. Naidul, D. Subbaram; Rieger, Craig G. // HVAC&R Research;Feb2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the use of net-zero-energy technology for building retrofit, which is also significant in achieving building energy efficiency.
- DOE Proposes Green Regulation For Federal Buildings. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/7/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 17, p9
The article reports on a rule proposed by the U.S. Department of Energy that would require new and renovated federal buildings to incorporate sustainable design, siting and construction methods.
- DOE DEVELOPS BENCHMARK MODELS TO IMPROVE BUILDING ENERGY SIMULATIONS. // Sustainable Facility;Feb2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the development of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE's) benchmark models for the enhancement of building energy simulations. It states that the DOE has made commercial building benchmark models to analyze building energy performance in collaboration with three of its...
- DOE Building Tech Office Seeks Feedback on Draft Multi-Year Program Plan. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;10/14/2015, p1
The article reports on the released of the draft for Multi-Year Program Plan (MYPP) from the Building Technologies Office (BTO) of the U.S. Department of Energy to seek public comment.
- Accountability and Performance. LONG, MARISA // Sustainable Facility;Jul2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p26
The article offers information on initiatives for sustainable buildings in the U.S. It mentions that the Better Buildings Initiative (BBI) seeks to cut energy consumption in commercial buildings by 20 percent while the U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) member companies turn existing...
- The Forecast for 2030. Warren, Willard L. // Lighting Design & Application;Oct2014, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the author's views on the plan of the Department of Energy (DoE) to reach NetZero Energy (NZE) for commercial buildings by 2030. He remains skeptical over DoE's promotion of light emitting diodes (LED) as superior in efficiency over the incandescent sources and not as mere...
- New Year Brings New Lighting Regs. // Food Processing (00156523);Dec2011, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p43
The article focuses on the new U.S. energy efficient legislation by the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) in 2012 and its impact on businesses. It discusses the facts behind the seven myths surrounding the lighting legislation based on John McDermott of W.W. Grainger Inc. It talks on its impact to...
- STANDARD 90.1-2004 ESTABLISHED AS NATIONAL REFERENCE STANDARD BY DOE. // Sustainable Facility;Feb2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the Standard 90.1-2004 which was established as a national reference standard issued by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) It notes that states should attest that their building codes conform to the requirements mandated by ASHRAE/IESNA's 2004 energy efficiency standard,...