NEO-LIBERAL REFORM AND ATTITUDES TOWARDS SOCIAL CITIZENSHIP: A REVIEW OF NEW ZEALAND PUBLIC OPINION DATA 1987â€“2005
- Extending Bush Tax Cuts? Daniels, Mark // Moderate Voice;8/2/2010, p10
The article reports that the periodical "The Week" has an interesting summary of various opinions regarding the merits of extension of the tax reductions implemented by former U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Europe and the Middle East: From Imperialism to Liberal Peace? Hinnebusch, Raymond // Review of European Studies;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p18
Europe's relation with the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) is discussed in the context of normative (International Society) and materialist approaches (World System's Theory). First, European imperialism's export of a flawed Westphalian state system is summarized. How Europe is "caught"...
- TAX UNCERTAINTY. Blendon, Robert J.; Pelletier, Stephen R.; Rosenbaum, Marcus D.; Brodie, Mollyann // Brookings Review;Summer2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the U.S. citizens' view of the federal tax system based on a poll conducted in 2003. Implication of the findings on the tax burden and the fairness issues on U.S. citizens' inclination to support tax cuts or changes in tax system; Awareness of the proposal to eliminate the tax on...
- The Economy. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;7/12/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p2267
Presents the results of public opinion polls on the state of the economy conducted in 2003. Percentage of respondents who gave their personal finances a positive rating; Plans for the increases in paychecks due to the tax cuts proposed by President George W. Bush.
- Web Poll. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 235, p4
Several excerpts from the comments posted at the adirondackdailyenterprise.com including a public opinion poll on U.S. tax cuts, FreedomFighter's insights on the payroll tax cap, and ADKpaddler on income taxes.
- Letter from the Editor. Madric, Jeff // Challenge (05775132);Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on neoliberalism by Luiz Carlos Bresser-Pereira, reviews of public opinion surveys in the U.S. by Robert Blendon and John Benson, and another on the U.S. economic system during crisis by Mike Sharpe.
- The Economic Meltdown and Old-Age Politics. Polivka, Larry; Estes, Carroll L. // Generations;Fall2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p56
The authors describe the economic meltdown of the Great Recession as an opportunity to reframe the politics of aging. They point to the past thirty years, which they describe as characterized by a reign of neoliberal ideology, politics, and policies. The resulting deregulation, tax cuts,...
- Clamor For A Smaller Tax Cut Inflation changes the political rules--and reform seems a lost cause. // Time;
The article focuses on the controversy on the smaller tax cut of 25 billion dollars proposed by U.S. President Jimmy Carter. It mentions that voters have opposed the proposal due to inflation rate, however, public survey shows that the majority is in favor of the program. Meanwhile, the result...
- 'Put Up or Shut Up' on Property Taxes. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;1/29/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p10
The article focuses on the property tax burden in New Jersey. According to a poll conducted by Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut, most people have little faith that real reform will be enacted in the state in 2007. The poll results show that 49 percent of the respondents believe the...