THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT FOR FOREIGN PRIVATE EQUITY FIRMS IN CHINA
- Reports say Pact sale possible. // Plastics News;10/1/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p0013
The article reports on speculation that the Australian plastic packaging company Pact Group Pty. Ltd. plans to sell all or part of its business to private equity firms. Topics include reports that Pact hired Deutsche Bank to manage the sale, the U.S. private equity companies believed to be...
- Private equity leaders aim to promote hiring of veterans. BRADFORD, HAZEL // Pensions & Investments;10/19/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p0008
No abstract available.
- Latest PE Fundraising Efforts. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/2/2015, p1
See which private equity firms are raising capital including, Blackstone, Carlyle and Summit
- Parent playing hard to get with Russell suitors. JACOBIUS, ARLEEN // Pensions & Investments;3/17/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses insurer Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.'s efforts to find a buyer for its Russell Investments money management firm. Northwestern has rejected dozens of prospective bidders as it restricts potential buyers to private equity (PE) firms capable of making a cash...
- LBO Shops Head South. Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/20/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the acceleration of private equity activity in Mexico as the regulatory climate there becomes more welcoming. The Carlyle Group and Morgan Stanley have been added to the growing number of leading private equity firms investing in Mexico. Morgan Stanley plans to draw its...
- Riverside Raises First Asia Fund. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/28/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p14
The article reports on the preparations of private equity fund the Riverside Co. for the launching of its first fund geared toward deals in Asia in 2009. Target markets of the 100 million U.S. dollar fund are China, South Korea, Japan and Australia. Other companies that are targeting China for...
- Energy 'rescue' deals bring good press, more capital. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;7/23/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p1
The article offers information on the efforts of private equity companies to help struggling energy firms and their communities in the U.S. It states that private equity companies promise to furnish jobs and to keep their energy flowing. Moreover, firms that receive positive press and good will...
- Goldman Sachs Buys Ipreo. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/15/2014, pA01
7 The bank's private-equity unit and
- Market Conditions Fail To Deter AgBank. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p77
The article reports on the failed marketing operations of Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. (AgBank) related to initial public offering (IPO) in Hong Kong, China. It discusses the proposed 30 billion dollars allotment options of sale that will provide advisory fees to the underwriters including...