NEW COMBINATIONS IN ORCHIDACEAE OF MEXICO
- Cyanophyta of Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi. I. Upper Manso River basin (RÃo Negro Province, Argentina). Diaz, Monica M.; Wenzel, Maria Teresa // Darwiniana;1993, Vol. 32 Issue 1-4, p279
Fifty-six taxa of fresh-water Cyanophyceae included in the families: Chroococcaceae, Chamaesiphonaceae, Oscillatoriaceae, Nostocaceae, Rivulariaceae, Scytonemataceae and Stigonemataceae are identified. Fifteen species: Merismopedia aeruginea BrÃ©b., M. elabens (BrÃ©b.) KÃ¼tz., Hydrocoleum...
- New records of blue-green algae for Argentina from the Lihuel Calel National Park (La Pampa Province). Bazán, Graciela I.; Wenzel, Maria T.; Álvarez, Susana B. // Darwiniana;1996, Vol. 34 Issue 1/2, p285
Eight species and 2 varietes, new records for Argentina, are described and illustrated. They are: Dermocarpa versicolor (Borzi) Geitler, Xenococcus gracilis Lemmermann, Phormidium pachydermaticum FrÃ©my, Schizothrix lardaceae (Ces.) Gomont, Cylindrospermum vouki Pevalek, Nostoc spongiaeforme...
- NOVEDADES NOMENCLATURALES EN EL GÃ‰NERO GAVILEA (ORCHIDACEAE, CHLORAEINAE), CON ESPECIAL Ã‰NFASIS EN LAS ESPECIES CHILENAS. Chemisquy, M. Amelia // Darwiniana;dic2009, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p315
Based on the ongoing revision of the genus Gavilea (Orchidaceae), the following synonyms are proposed: Gavilea auriculata (under G. glandulifera), Asarca verrucosa (under G. longibracteata), A. chrysostachya (under G. odoratissima), A. glandulifera var. illapelina (under G. platyantha) and A....
- Habenaria drepanodes (Orchidaceae), an Overlooked Orchid Species from the Solomon Islands. Kolanowska, Marta; Nowak, Sławomir; Szlachetko, Dariusz L. // Annales Botanici Fennici;Dec2015, Vol. 52 Issue 5/6, p328
A new species from Solomon Islands, Habenaria drepanodes Renz ex Kolan., S. Nowak & Szlach. is described and illustrated. The name was proposed by Jany Renz, but it was was never published by him. The taxonomic affinities of the new taxon are discussed.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE KREODANTHUS (ORCHIDACEAE-GOODYERINAE) DEL OCCIDENTE DE MEXICO Y EL SALVADOR. Tamayo, Roberto Gonzalez // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1995, Issue 31, p33
Kreodanthus casillasii is proposed as a new species. A comparative table is presented to distinguish this new species from K. secundus (Ames) Garay and K. ovatilabius (Ames et Correll) Garay, the last one being its closest relative.
- A note on the taxonomy and distribution of Thunia alba var. bracteata (Orchidaceae) in India. C. R. Magesh; P. Lakshminarasimhan; K. N. Reddy; C. S. Reddy // ZOOs' Print;Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p23
The article offers information on the thunia alba, a genus of orchid found in India. It states that the genus belongs to the Orchiadacea which are distributed in several areas including India, China, and Southeast Asia. It cites that its typical variety is distributed in areas including...
- Bloomin' beauties. // Australian Geographic;Jan-Mar2006, Issue 81, p22
Several photographs of Australia's unique and exquisite orchids are presented. Australia boasts more than 1200 native orchid species, most of which grow nowhere else in the world. The photographs feature blotched sun orchid, blue fairies, common donkey orchid, swamp orchid, queen of sheba orchid...
- Three New Spiranthoid Orchid Species from Ecuador. Szlachetko, Dariusz L.; Kolanowska, Marta // Annales Botanici Fennici;Oct2014, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p329
Three new species in the orchid subfamily Spiranthoideae, Aa lehmannii Rchb. f. ex Szlach. & Kolan., Pterichis meirax Rchb. f. ex Szlach. & Kolan. and P. tunguraguona Rchb. f. ex Szlach. & Kolan., are described and illustrated based on Ecuadorian material from Reichenbach's collection stored in...
- A New Synonym of Odontochilus saprophyticus (Goodyerinae: Orchidoideae: Orchidaceae). Huai-Zhen Tian; Zhi-Quan Cheng; Ai-Qun Hu; Bhattacharjee, Avishek; Qiao-Xia Liu // Taiwania;Jun2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p193
Zeuxine hainanensis H. Xu, H. J. Yang & Y. D. Li is treated as a heterotypic synonym of Odontochilus saprophyticus (Aver.) Ormerod in the present communication. Detailed description and relevant photographs are provided to facilitate identification of the species.