Amerigroup Prices Downsized $400M Deal
- Budget Item Including $350 M For Continuous Transitional Medicaid Welfare Benefits, Lauded. // Insurance Advocate;2/11/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p39
Reports the support of the AMERIGROUP Corp. for the 2003 budget proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush for the continuation of the transitional Medicaid benefit of welfare reform.
- Amerigroup Takes 165,000 Sq. Ft. on Wall Street. Stratton, Kelly // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;7/26/2012, p4
The article reports on a lease agreement signed by Amerigroup to occupy a space at 14 Wall Street in New York City.
- Deals roundup. // Medical Device Daily;3/3/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p3
The article reports that the New Jersey health plan of Amerigroup has completed the acquisition of certain assets of University Health Plans from Centene.
- Amerigroup Names New Chief Compliance Officer. // Compliance Week;Oct2011, Vol. 8 Issue 93, p68
The article announces that Georgia Dodds Foley was hired as chief compliance officer at Amerigroup Corp.
- MANAGING AMERICA'S TOUGHEST CHALLENGES. McCue, Michael T. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the management of healthcare system by the Americigroup Corp. in Virginia. Views of company's founder, Jeffrey McWaters on the health services offered by the company to the people; Total number of members; Increase of company's revenue from 2000 to 2001. INSET: The blurred lines...
- Amerigroup targets second nonprofit HMO. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;1/24/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p4
The article informs that Virginia Beach, Virginia-based Amerigroup Corp. is negotiating to buy a second New York Medicaid managed care plan, following its recent purchase of CarePlus. The acquisition of CenterCare would make the publicly held company one of the largest Medicaid HMOs in the...
- Today's Transactions: WellPoint Acquires Amerigroup. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/16/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p5
The article reports on the decision by health insurer WellPoint Inc. to acquire managed-care company Amerigroup Corp. for roughly 4.9 billion U.S. dollars.
- AMERIGROUP Gets Nevada Medicaid Contract. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Dec2008, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p30
The article reports that Nevada has approved the participation of AmeriGroup Corp. in the Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance program starting February 1, 2009. It states that the Nevada State of Board has signed a contract enabling the company to offer healthcare services to about...
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;11/14/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 218, p3
The article reports on the pricing of 400 million U.S. dollars in aggregate principal amount of 7.5 percent senior notes due 2019 reported by Virginia Beach, Virginia-based Amerigroup, through Goldman, Sachs & Co. as sole underwriter.