Advisory Staff Compensation on the Upswing â€¦
- Financial advisers try new ways of charging. Laurence, Michael; Schmidt, Lucinda // BRW;1/30/95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on new methods of remuneration for financial advisers in Australia. Popularity of portfolio charges and fee-for-service payment systems; Advantages and disadvantages of payment schemes; Alternatives to commission-based payment; Result of the survey conducted by the Financial Planning...
- APRA statistics should not be basis for advice. Jack, Corrina // Money Management;9/3/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p11
The article reports on the advice from the Financial Planning Association (FPA) that fund performance data released by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority should not be the basis for determining which superannuation fund to use. FPA has urged for a more informed debate on the merits...
- Money Management. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;3/12/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the failure Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia for 2009. It cites that the terms of reference for a Parliamentary inquiry will traverse the entire issue of planner remuneration, which reopen the debates in the industry. It argues that no one's interests will...
- Money Management FPA walks a tightrope. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/5/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p14
The article reports on the efforts of the Financial Planning Association to investigate complaints against 23 financial planners over advice they had given with respect to Westpoint case in Australia. A question has been raised whether the association has the right to involve itself in pursuing...
- Financial Planners' Salaries Are Rising. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
The article looks at financial planners' salaries, benefits, and job satisfaction, presenting information from the "2012-2013 Financial Planning Compensation Study" published by the Financial Planning Association professional group.
- Remuneration is not the problem. Graham, Sean // Money Management;4/29/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p12
The author reflects on the financial planners' decision on selling costly insurance as motivated by commissions. He argues that the commission causes overselling and remuneration are not indicator of professional practice. An overview of the current situation of the insurance industry through a...
- Money Management: Time to walk the talk. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;5/24/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p16
The article presents the research conducted by Financial Planning Association (FPA) that addressed the financial difficulties experienced by Australians. The research revealed that 73% experienced difficulties in which 39% understood super-annuation, 35% can afford to purchase a home, 30% has...
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.