California's Fiscal Woes Worsen as Tax Receipts Erode
- Issue of personal tax returns. Greene, Chris; De Lord, Lois // Accountancy;Jan1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1145, p46
The article reports on the British Inland Revenue's decision to continue its practice of issuing personal tax returns only on a selective basis, following a pilot study on the Keith Committee recommendations in January 1989. The Keith Committee had suggested that the general issue of tax returns...
- Make Your Taxes Less Puzzling. Feldman, Amy // Money;Mon2012, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on five challenges which U.S. consumers frequently encounter when attempting to file their taxes and presents information that consumers can use to better understand tax preparation and to ensure that they are saving as much money as possible when filing their taxes. Changes...
- It's in the E-mail. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p45
Reports that more U.S. taxpayers are filing their income tax returns by electronic mail in the year 2003 than in previous years. Benefits of filing tax returns online including not having to locate a post office open until midnight; Amount of the average refund.
- Untitled. Thomson, Rebecca // Computer Weekly;9/14/2010, p34
The article offers information on the new income tax (IT) system being used by Great Britain's HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to achieve greater accuracy in income tax payment. It is stated that the new system highlights more errors and ensures that people are repaid any overcharged tax. The...
- The Impact of Income Tax Withholding Position and Stock Position on the Sale of Stock. Falsetta, Diana; White, Richard A. // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Spring2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
The objective of this study is to investigate the effect that stock position (gain or loss) and income tax withholding position (tax payment or tax refund) have on the sale of stock at the end of the year. Prior investigations of stock position have shown that individuals are more likely to sell...
- Means to an end. Labbe, Martin // Fleet Owner;Mar2001, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p38
Comments on a plan that would give refunds only to people who actually paid federal income tax. Effect of the plan on the transportation industry; Analysis on spendings made by people at the low income, middle class and upper class; View towards the plan.
- Never Let IRS Apply Refunds to Next Year's Tax Bill. // Clergy Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p24
Deals with managing tax refunds for the succeeding year. Manner in which the tax bill is processed.
- TAXING TIMES. RAFTERY, ADRIAN // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);6/13/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 24, p88
The article presents suggestions on income tax planning and getting tax refunds.
- Sinking Revenues. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31354, p41
Focuses on tax collections made by the U.S. state Virginia as of March 28, 2002. Tax collections in February 2002; Difference between actual and expected tax refunds.