Indiana Lawmakers Amend O'Hare Bill, Boost Gary Airport
- Readers respond. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/12/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p15
The article focuses on the views of the readers of the journal regarding the U.S. governments plan to grant 400 million dollar for the construction of new runways at the Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
- BIZ PUSHES FOR O'HARE RUNWAY. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/09/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the support of the Commercial Club of Chicago in Illinois for the construction of a runway at O'Hare International Airport. Need to upgrade the airport; Airport conditions over the summer of 2000; Background on the O'Hare Corporate Outreach Program.
- A great day to fly--and land. Grove, Mary Anna // Roads & Bridges;Jan2001, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the asphalt overlay project done at the runway of Chicago, Illinois' O'Hare International Airport. History of the runway; Requirements of the aviation industry for runways; Use of hot-mix asphalt; Contractors for the project; Biggest obstacle to the project; Rationale for the choice...
- CHICAGO O'HARE COMMISSIONS NEW RUNWAY. // Airports International;Nov2013, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the fourth runway, the runway 10C/28C, commissioned by the Chicago O'Hare International Airport in five years to be built under the O'Hare Modernisation Programme (OMP) in Illinois.
- City Hall puts new runways on tarmac. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the plans of the City Hall of Chicago, Illinois to launch a plan to build two runways at O'Hare International Airport. Budget earmarked for the project; Aim of locally ending the region's airport capacity dispute; Outline of the construction plan; Projected schedule of the runways'...
- Losing time, patience with O'Hare experience. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;05/21/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p11
Focuses on the calls for more runways at the O'Hare International Airport. Opposition to the proposed expansion of the airport.
- O'Hare finally given expansion OK. // Airline Business;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the expansion of the Chicago O'Hare airport in Illinois. Problems with the plan to construct an addition runway at the airport; Estimated budget allotted for the proposed expansion.
- Runway, Peotone talks taking off. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the results of a readers' survey conducted by 'Crain's Chicago Business' periodical on the proposed expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Support of a majority of respondents for the construction of a new runway; Percentage of respondents who favor the...
- Stuck on the runway. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the failure of an effort by Chicago, Illinois business leaders to build an additional runway at O'Hare International Airport. Political compromise between Mayor Richard Daley and Governor George Ryan; Report released in April 2000 by the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago.