Virginia Governor Signs $10 Billion Worth of Bond Bills
- Virginia Assembly Ponders Transportation Authority, Tax. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p43
Reports on proposed bills that may impact the municipal bond market in Virginia. Two Senate committees' approval of legislation aimed at easing traffic congestion in northern Virginia; Senate Finance Committee's approval of a bill that would eliminate sales tax on some school clothing and supplies.
- Grand Canyon Park Bill Clears Early Hurdle. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p4
Reports on the passage of the bill that would establish a theme park and vehicle support facility district in Arizona. Collection of additional sales tax on entry tickets in the district; Revision of the original measures by the legislators; Use of municipal bonds for facilities, structures and...
- Mayor, Council Members Close on Deal To Fix Budget With Bevy of New Taxes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p5
Reports the plans of the council members and city mayor to impose an increase for income and sales tax rates in Washington D.C. Creation of budget-balancing plan; Suitability of proposed tax rates on outstanding out-of-state municipal bonds; Provision of temporary surcharge on cigarette taxes.
- Sales tax to back $25 million of bonds for McAllen, Tex. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p28
Announces the plan of McAllen, Texas to issue its first series of sales tax-backed bonds at a pricing scheduled for March 5, 1998. Background on the $25 million of Series 1998 bonds; Revenues projected from the tax; Impetus for the bond issue; Plans for the bond sale's proceeds.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.
- N.Y.C. City Council Likely to Fast-Track Mayor's G-37-Like Proposal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports the speedy legislation of the New York City Council on the G-37 proposal in New York, New York. Restrictions of the G-37 proposal to firms associated in municipal securities; Imposition of a moratorium on rulemaking; Comments of the senior research associate of the Citizen's Budget...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS Report[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p6
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond and state and local legislative status report in the United States as of March 2000. List of legislation introduced in the 106th Congress; Presentation of existing laws; Data on the proposed laws; Existing status of the legislative bills.
- Pa. Aims to Avoid More Harrisburgs. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p5
The article offers information on the two bills that improve the oversight of municipal bond financing and presented in Pennsylvania Senate in Pennsylvania.
- Tax Extenders Bill Would Lead to $95.6B of Revenue Losses. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;7/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34346, p1
A two-year tax extenders bill that includes bond and Puerto Rico provisions and is slated to be voted on Tuesday by the Senate Finance Committee would result in revenue losses of $95.6 billion from FY-2016 to FY-2025.