Senate Restores Tax Incentives to Energy Bill
- Private-use options sought for localities. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p3
Reports on the view of Joe Nipper, associate executive director of the American Public Power Association, that bills in Congress to restructure private-use regulations within the public power industry will probably not become law until at least 2003 to 2005. Criticism against a bill introduced...
- FLORIDA'S SUNNY INCENTIVE. Caranicas, Peter // Daily Variety;1/21/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 14, p37
The article reports on the issuance of a bill which would transform the incentives program from direct grants to multiyear tax credit program in Florida.
- Brownfield bills would give breaks to many. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;04/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p33
Reports on the stipulations of proposed legislation in Michigan to expand the state's brownfield-redevelopment program. Addition of provisions aimed at potential tax breaks for companies; Significant expansion of the state's primary economic-development tax incentive program.
- Bailout bill adds a new spin on benefits. Casale, Jeff; Geisel, Jerry; Hoffman, Mark A. // Business Insurance;10/27/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 43, p47
The article offers information on the Emergency Stabilization Act passed by the U.S. Congress in September 2008. It includes a provision, which was introduced originally as free-standing legislation by bike-to-work advocate Representative Earl Blumenauer that gives new tax breaks to bike...
- Tax incentive doing its job by saving barns. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1B
Reports on the enactment of tax incentive in New Hampshire. Aim of the bill to preserve barns in the state; Provisions of the tax incentive to barn owners; Amount of tax relief.
- Tax Credit Bill Passes Senate. // American Indian Report;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the approval of the Jumpstart Our Business Strengths Act by the U.S. Senate in 2004. Objective of the bill; Budget that will be appropriated by the bill for new market tax credits.
- Anti-runaway bills suffer major setback. Takaki // SHOOT;09/10/99, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the California anti-runaway production bill for television broadcasting. Failure of the bill to be passed at the state Senate Appropriations Committee; Expected effect of the bill on tax rebates for qualified labor costs on certain productions if passed; Aim of the bill; Efforts to...
- Saving tax-exempt status is high on muni utility association's busy agenda. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30415, p4
Reports that the American Public Power Association has adopted a series of legislative and regulatory priorities. Tax-exempt status of municipal utilities' bonds; Cities' rights to provide telecommunication services; Blocking of mergers between large investor-owned utilities.
- Bush's Tax Act Creates New Opportunities/Traps for Individuals and Businesses. Wenger, Bob; Cordano, Kevin // Orange County Business Journal;6/30/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p11
Focuses on the provisions of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by President George W. Bush in the U.S. Reduction in the individual rates on ordinary income; Tax status of dividends received by an individual shareholder from domestic and qualified foreign...