Orange County, Calif., Agency to Buy Toll Road; Bond Issuance Expected
- Road Hazards. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p74
Criticizes the Transportation Authority of Orange County, California for its conduct in handling projects. Delay and additional cost in the repair of a fly-over ramp connecting the 405 and 55 freeways; Proposed raise in toll fees at 92 freeway; Cost of reducing the project to build the...
- CLAUSE PUTS PAUSE ON LANES. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/4/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p16
Reports the plans of the Transportation Authority officials to buy toll roads in Orange County, California. Negotiations between the officials and developer California Public Transportation Co.; Benefit of the lanes in restoring traffic flow; Opposition of Riverside County in pursuing the decision.
- Orange Co. LTA Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;09/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30969, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has raised its credit rating for the Orange County Local Transportation Authority's (LTA) revenue bonds. Value of debt affected by the rating upgrade; Significance of the upgrade on the bonds.
- Issue to Watch: Transportation. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;12/10/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p47
The article reports on the renewal of the transportation sales tax Measure M in Orange County. Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) spent time plotting out $12 billion worth of projects for the next three decades with a detailed plan which offers bonds supported by the renewed Measure M...
- Correction. // Roads & Bridges;May2009, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p19
A correction to the article "Crushing Victory: Crush Interchange Might Have Witnessed Second World Record in Less Than Five Years," which appeared in the March 2009 issue, is presented.
- Derailed. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p55
Criticizes the Orange County Transportation Authority for its persistence in trying to push through with its trolley project. Rejection of the project by the voters of Irvine, California; Studies indicating that the project would cannibalize bus riders without easing automobile congestion.
- Light Rail, Cont'd. // Orange County Business Journal;7/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p47
Presents statistical data on mass transit in Orange County, California. Percentage of county residents that took public transportation to work in 2000; Information on the decision of the Orange County Transportation Authority to conduct engineering studies regarding its light rail project.
- More Railing... Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;7/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p47
Focuses on a survey conducted by the American Public Transportation Association on public transportation in Orange County, California. Information on an increase in bus ridership in Orange County, as of March 2002; Actions taken by the Orange County Transportation Authority to attract new riders.
- Gridlock Leads Orange County To Consider $4.6 Billion Plan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p1
Focuses on the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) transportation projects in California. Reduction of traffic congestion; Plan of OCTA to sell revenue refunding bonds; Population of Orange County.