Muni Bonds Finish Mainly Solid; New Issues Improve Market's Tone
- Munis Weaker as California Prices for Retail. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;10/8/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33197, p2
The article reports on the economic status of the municipal market in California. It notes that the city's 250 million dollars of general obligation refunding taxable series, out of the 250 billion dollars, is being offered to retail yielding in a range of 3.50% to 3.75%. An overview of the...
- Washington Sets First Green Bond Sale. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;9/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34381, p1
Washington State will sell more than $900 million of bonds next week, including a negotiated retail sale of its first-ever green bonds followed by a competitive sale Sept. 30.
- Rhode Island Agency Selling $65M in Fourth Single-Family Deal of the Year. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32496, p44
The article reports that Rhode Island Housing Mortgage Finance Corp., Rhode Island will begin retail pricing for a $65 million sale of new-money homeownership opportunity bonds that will help finance about 300 single-family homes. This is the agency's fourth single-family bond sale in 2006,...
- STATISTICS. // Finance Week;2/16/2004, p54
The article presents an information about South African economy as of February 18, 2004. Economic indicators shows that the retail trade in the country has increased by 9.5 percent during November 2003 as compared to November 2002, while sales for the diamond industry registered a decrease of...
- Claire's Stores Bonds, Loans Tumble. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;6/16/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the dumping of bonds and loans of Claire's Stores Inc., causing the prices of the securities to fall. Loan Syndications and Trading Association noted that the average mark-to-market bid on Claire's $1.45 billion term loan B was 61, while the asking price was 62. Gene Kahn,...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 13. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32029, p2
The article presents a list of economic indicators and data of December 13, 2004. The economic indicators presented in the article are: Retail Sales, ex Autos and Business Inventories. The data provided are of Government Securities Prices, Municipal Bond Index, The Bond Buyer's 30-Day Visible...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, January 13. // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p2
The article presents statistical information related to municipal bond market in the U.S. It includes data regarding import prices, retail sales, municipal bond index, government securities prices et al.
- Edward Jones Fined $20M, Broker Suspended, for Muni Overcharges. Casey, Jack // Financial-planning.com;8/13/2015, p1
In the first action of its kind, the Securities and Exchange Commission has ordered St. Louis-based brokerage Edward Jones to pay $20 million for overcharging retail customers in new municipal bond sales.
- MSRB To Propose New Price Transparency Rule. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;8/5/2014, p23
The article reports on the price transparency rule proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in Washington state. Topics covered include the efforts to improve transparency in the market for retail investors as well as the disclosure of bond prices in the state. Also mentioned...