Zarb Again Leads in Pay
- New NASD CEO. // Equities;Jan1997, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p39
Reports on Frank G. Zarb's agreement to succeed Joseph Hardiman as president and chief executive officer of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD). Responsibilities; SOES Bandits problem; Partnership between the self-regulated NASD and the Securities and Exchange Commission...
- New NASD chief mulls an overhaul. Roland, Neil // American Banker;5/6/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 86, p22
Highlights National Association of Securities Dealers president Frank G. Zarb's recommendation that the association eliminate the boards of directors of its two subsidiaries to streamline decision-making. Zarb's denial that he might propose removal of the Nasdaq stock market and broker...
- NASD chief junks idea of killing independent boards. Roland, Neil // American Banker;6/27/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 123, p26
Reports on National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) chairman Frank G. Zarb's refusal to abolish the NASD's independent boards. Zarb's proposal to reduce the number of board members.
- From Zarb's Mouth to Levitt's Ear! Hoffman, William // Traders Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 153, p14
Focuses on National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Chairman Frank Zarb's request that independent dealers back a new central limit order book (CLOB). Comments from traders who are in favor of CLOB on the proposal; Benefit of CLOB.
- Zarb Gets a Vote of Confidence. // Traders Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 175, p12
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) has decided to extend the contract of Frank Zarb as chairman and chief executive of Nasdaq. Reasons behind the NASD decision to extend Zarb's contract; Amount of time given to the search committee of the NASD to find a...
- NASD names Zarb president and CEO. // American Banker;1/30/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p22
Announces the election of Smith Barney chairman Frank G. Zarb to president and chief executive officer of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Inc. Zarb's stint as administrator of the Federal Energy Administration; Highlights of Zarb's career in the financial service industry.
- Frank G. Zarb. Flaherty-Bermudez, Anne // Equities;Dec98, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p21
Profiles Frank G. Zarb, chairman and chief executive officer of the National Association of Securities Dealers Inc. and the Nasdaq-Amex Market Group, who was voted as `Equities' magazine's achiever of 1998. Praise received from peers for his initiatives; Career highlights; Efforts to create a...
- NASD planning a separate unit to resolve disputes. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;11/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 219, p11
Highlights the organizational changes at the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), following its merger with the American Stock Exchange. Creation of a unit for resolving disputes between brokers and customers; Association's plan to strengthen its market integrity; Remarks of NASD...
- MSRB guidance clarifies NASD G-37 exemption flexibility. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p47
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's issuance of guidance on Rule G-37 clarifying National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) exemption flexibility. Call by NASD President Frank Zarb for reform; Features of the ruling; Effect of the ruling on the municipal bond market of...